1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

No Longer A "dofollow" Site

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by digitalpoint, Jul 2, 2011.

1. brandon93s

brandon93s Active Member

Best Answers:
    To be completely honest, this shouldn't be an 'issue' with anyone that knows what they are doing. A bunch of do-follow signature links, all from the same form are actually quite useless. It looks 'spammy' and it is 'spammy'. When a good chunk of your backlinks all come from the same source, and a forum at that you're better of not having them in my opinion. I prefer this change!

brandon93s, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  2. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Since months I need this valuable information, dears. Thanks for you're share.

robjones, Jul 31, 2011 IP
    Rivmedia and tattoos like this.
  3. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    lmao, ya that's what we need to get rid of. Those posts.

indyonline, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  4. techabsolute

techabsolute Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Warriorforum is at rank 146
    DigitalPoint is at 199 and still decreasing....
    is no follow causing this?

techabsolute, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hopefully... would love to see a general shift of users in the countries that care about Alexa (and therefore have the Alexa toolbar installed) move elsewhere. :)

According to Alexa, warriorforum is where you hang out when you are over 50. lol (check the Audience tab)

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/warriorforum.com

Or you know... maybe old people's computers are more inclined to be infected by BotNets running up Alexa numbers. ;)

digitalpoint, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  6. penneck

penneck Peon

Best Answers:
    Premium members have a do-follow signature? So basically what you are telling me is you are selling do-follow links here?

:p Don't really care lol

penneck, Aug 1, 2011 IP
    indyonline likes this.
  7. indyonline

Best Answers:
    Lol that's funny. Warrior forum sucks. Very unorganized and it's where all the people banned from here go. They will let you spam or do/sell any blackhat methods/services as long as you pay them. There is NO quality to the warrior forum. They don't even make people follow the rules. Then when you bring it up they talk crap to ya.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
    indyonline, Aug 1, 2011 IP
  8. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Old people?! Now you're just gettin' personal. [You'd think everyone in my grad class was in a rocking chair hollering "Get off my lawn!]

robjones, Aug 1, 2011 IP
  9. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    So you're saying that Warrior is where all the anti-americans and scammers are at now? There's plenty to go around here there and everywhere. I'd imagine its a full time job keeping up with that.

Mia, Aug 1, 2011 IP
  10. indyonline

Best Answers:
    Their everywhere I know. I wasn't saying nothing about anti-American if that's what you thought I said.
    But ya, warrior forum is full of scammers, spammers and blackhat people more then any other forum I visit.
    Full time job keeping up with what?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  11. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Indy, it was not a poke at you. It was just general sarcasm, again, not directed at you. The truth is, every SUPER POPULAR internet forum on the planet is filled with a little bit of everything, from complete crap, to some really good people. Its just the nature of things when you get as big as some of these forums are. It becomes next to impossible to micromanage it.

I doubt there's any forum out there that has any more or less in terms of the BH people or otherwise. I think that its safe to say that some forums tolerate it a bit more than others.

BTW, you anywhere near Valparaiso? I've got a Raffle Ticket and I think I have to be there to turn it in. Trying to find someone I can send it to that's going to the show down there..

Mia, Aug 1, 2011 IP
    indyonline likes this.
  12. indyonline

Best Answers:
    very true. and ya, some do tolerate more (that's why I don't use them).
    No, I'm in Indianapolis. That's about a 2 hour drive.

Mia likes this.
  13. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Why and how can tattoos has 5 live links in signature ( which is more surprising than the fact all of them are do-follow )

psharma, Aug 1, 2011 IP
  14. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can use [thread] and [post] BBCode up to 4 times in your signature without it counting as a link.

digitalpoint, Aug 1, 2011 IP
  15. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This question was wobbling in my mind for months. Just dared to ask :p Thanks.

psharma, Aug 1, 2011 IP
  16. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Sorry for such a boring answer after you wondering for all these months. ;)

17. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. I must have sorted it out myself.
    And in the regard of the theme of the topic of discussion of this thread, what is your opinion of distracting Avatars like Sarahk's

I mean you may nofollow a link in signature, but how can you not follow that running man for a minute or two?

psharma, Aug 1, 2011 IP
  18. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's why only moderators/admins can have animated avatars... It's a moderator "benefit".

19. Foggy

Foggy Link and Site Buyer

Best Answers:
    Shaun, kudos on the move! Seriously.

OK, I know there's some dissent in this thread (not all of which I've read) but, frankly, people who are members of a forum purely for the links are members not worth having. They might have thousands of posts, they might be useful contributors but, ultimately, if they're there purely for the links and not for the ability to participate in discussions and interact with other members they are just a notch above the "thank you dear" posters. No personal offence meant to dcristo (whose posts I do enjoy) or anyone else.

Cheap SEOs making pointless fluff posts just to link-drop have become endemic. It would improve the quality on these boards no end if you castrate the lot of them - as you've done here - in one fell swoop.

I own a webmaster forum myself and all signatures are dofollow for all members, but mine is a different situation because members have to prove they're there for the discussion and not the links; the first time they make a fluff post their account gets deleted! Before they get a signature they have to pass an entrance test, have a minimum IQ and, if female, be a 34D or above (OK, the last bit ain't true ;)). For a forum like DP with no minimum quality requirements on individual posts beyond the few characters vB demands, you've got to have some sort of condom in place!

So, again, good move! Long overdue, IMHO.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
    Foggy, Aug 2, 2011 IP
    robjones likes this.
  20. Googl

Googl Active Member

Best Answers:
    Naahh,

He will remove the nofollow state in a couple months or years after realising his loosing lot's of members and money perhaps. So spammers you just keep up with your great work ;).

I have been on your forum though if it's the one in signature and I think you managed to control the spam very well. I joined once and it was almost impossible to stay. Probably every single member from your members count is an active member.

I do own forums myself and have recently just changed one of the forums from the dofollow to nofollow.

Googl, Aug 2, 2011 IP