1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

No Liberty to Protest? Is the US turning into a Police State?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by gauharjk, Sep 3, 2008.

1. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    gauharjk, Sep 10, 2008 IP
  2. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    No they're not. If you push cops they'll respond. It's that simple. We're still as free to protest as we ever were, but there are guidelines that people must observe. I think the ones who don't observe the guidelines want to cause trouble, I believe it's their main objective. It makes them feel like they're an even more effective protester by virtue of "getting hassled by the man" and also in the age of Youtube, when protesters push the boundaries(literally and figuratively) and provoke authorities to take action, it can serve as good propaganda in the hands of U.S. haters like yourself.

LogicFlux, Sep 10, 2008 IP
  3. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    While watching news from St Paul... seeing teens in masks breaking windows and vandalizing cars... the first thought that came to mind wasnt that arresting them would threaten my liberties. Must be a point of view thing.

robjones, Sep 10, 2008 IP
  4. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am not a US hater, I am a US Foreign Policy hater, because they're killing my brothers and bankrupting poor countries.. I believe you should clear your mind of any preconceived prejudices and watch that video one more time.

P.S. Do You Even Think About Americans?

gauharjk, Sep 11, 2008 IP