1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

No Google Sitemap - No Problem?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by mochilero, May 3, 2007.

I feel lost whenever I come here :) . I'm not bragging when I say I only learned how to make money online and am ignorant when it comes to the technical stuff. What advantage is there to a "google sitemap," and has anyone seen a measurable advantage when using one? (Never mind what it is - I'll worry about that once I learn if they actually help.)

I just name a page "sitemap.html" and list the pages there. Pages get into the google search results in a few weeks with no problems. Will a Google Sitemap mean better SE results placement somehow?

mochilero, May 3, 2007 IP
  2. easywab

easywab Peon

Best Answers:
    yes it is, before I put G sitemaps , google indexed few pages . It never increased till I put G sitemaps.

easywab, May 4, 2007 IP
  3. quirkyericia

quirkyericia Peon

Best Answers:
    i think gsitemaps has some pros and cons from my humble personal experience. before submitting my sitemap, google indexed a lot of transitional pages (e.g. addtocart.php?itemid=1234) which did bump up the amount of pages indexed. however, after submitting the sitemap, these pages were 'deindexed'. pros and cons and i guess. anybody else?

quirkyericia, May 8, 2007 IP
  4. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    its hard tho. I own a forum, so updating a sitemap all the time is a pain. I just want google to spider my vbulletin forum itself.

mikey1090, May 11, 2007 IP