1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

no desc/ title listed - just URL

Discussion in 'SEO' started by stickyboy, Jan 17, 2005.

My site has been ranking pretty well in google for well over a year but around the middle of november seemed to dissappear. On looking found that most pages were listed as URL only, since then I now have about 50 pages listed with cached and the other 700 or so are stil URL only. What can cause this? My homepage stayed at PR6 on the Jan 1st update so presume its not a manual ban (the homepage is one of the pages listed with URL only and only when done without the WWW)

Any help would be appreicated

stickyboy, Jan 17, 2005 IP
  2. rickbender1940

rickbender1940 Guest

Best Answers:
    It's probably Google's increasingly brutal duplicate filter kicking in. You'll have to either get more links pointing in to your site, or vary the page content or both.

rickbender1940, Jan 17, 2005 IP
  3. stickyboy

stickyboy Guest

Best Answers:
    not totally convinced about the duplicate content filter even though I have considered it, the reason is some of my pages which are listed have some duplicate content using the copyscape page to check but other pages are totally unique and are not picked up at all.

On the other hand my site has some pages listed without the www and others with it so could it be a duplicate content filter with my own site as presume google counts them as 2 sites?

4. ShameJobBlog

ShameJobBlog Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, g counts them as two sites.

I would drop the dupe content or get higher pr than what you duplicate to be the copy that counts

ShameJobBlog, Jan 17, 2005 IP
  5. stickyboy

stickyboy Guest

Best Answers:
    i only actually have one site but had a few links to my site where they missed the www hence google having some pages with the www and others without. Not sure about the best way to correct it. I have asked the sites to correct their links to me which they now have all done but google doesnt seem to take any note, so how do i get rid of the non www pages? my domainname with the www is a pr6 my domainname without is a pr2

6. ShameJobBlog

ShameJobBlog Peon

Best Answers:
    Are your internal links to: http: //www.stuff.com/page.html or page.html

ShameJobBlog, Jan 17, 2005 IP
  7. stickyboy

stickyboy Guest

Best Answers:
    generally to page.html apart from the link back to home which is set as the full URL