1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

No clicks yet so many impressions...and targetted audience

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by ShytKicker, Jan 5, 2006.

Here is the run-down, I have been accepted to Google Adsense on Tues, January 3rd, and have been running Adsense on my site ever since. I've had a total of 945 ad impressions, mainly from targetted gamers (since my website is about Arcade Games). Right now it is January 5th, so basically three total days of advertising.

I have a total earnings of $0.00 and total clicks of 0. Even though I know my friends have clicked the ads on the first hour of the first day, and I know I've clicked the ads from an alternate IP Address from a different network. Still nothing is showing.

I have one ad on top-left that I want to be mistakenly clicked by making some thing it is part of the menu. I have one below the menu that looks like an advertisement, so that people think the one on top-left isn't an advertisement. I think that's a good little mental trick.

I have a third advertisement in the footer, which I think isn't bad, I think people can click that thinking it is a game, it is basically the size of the .SWF game files. And it might make people think that it is part of the site.

So I know I've clicked it, others have clicked it, the ads would mistake people to click them...so what in the world am I doing wrong? Do they have me for something? I never clicked it from my own IP address.

I'm clueless, I am without clue. Please help.

ShytKicker, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  2. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    note to the wise, more ad space doesn't mean more ad clicks.

cut down on your advertisements, it looks spammy.

way to get yourself banned...

Dekker, Jan 5, 2006 IP
    AdsenseLover likes this.
  3. ShytKicker

ShytKicker Guest

Best Answers:
    Well how will I get banned from clicking an ad from a school computer once when I've done all the rest of the work from my home?

I'll try to cut down on teh advertisements, which do you suggest I cut down on?

4. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    because you just openly stated that you're cheating on a forum where many people report things like this.

Dekker, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  5. ShytKicker

ShytKicker Guest

Best Answers:
    Anybody else have a different opinion on "Why I am getting a complete 0 click-thru rate"?

6. froinlaven

froinlaven Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is smart. They know you clicked on your own ads, so that's why they haven't reported any clicks. Get with the program and stop clicking your own ads.

froinlaven, Jan 5, 2006 IP
    wentworth likes this.
  7. ShytKicker

ShytKicker Guest

Best Answers:
    No I'm 100% sure I didn't click on my own ads. As I have said, the only time I've clicked my own ad is from a school computer on a different network, and I am 100% sure I haven't even logged into Adsense from there or done anything other than visit site, play 1 game, and click the ad once, and only once.

Maybe it just takes time before the CTR goes into affect since I am a new member?

And I am with the program, thanks for the kind words.

8. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    this is cheating.
    this is another cheating.
    no it's a violation of terms.
    cheat again.
    it doesn't even matter where you clicked it from. you shouldn't even be clicking on them.

you mentioned school. but i hope you know what you're doing. would hate to see another member got banned.

devin, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  9. Odublar

Odublar Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, I've been a member of Adsense for the past week, and so far my total earnings are $3.80. Mainly from yesterday where I earned $2.43, and today so far $1.10. I'm pretty stoked about it myself, as I haven't touched the ads so that says someone is visiting the site. Just have patience, and don't trick your guests/members. If I was tricked into it, I'd never come back....just my opinion.

Odublar, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  10. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For AdSense there are not written rules.

I've just read another post saying today the revenue paid by Google was higher than usual, strangely I made only 15 cents with 545 impressions and 2 clicks, one of the worst days on my records in both traffic and earnings.

Mystique, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  11. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:

Dekker, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  12. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL, that's true, except I meant number of days running Google Ads versus traffic/revenue :D

Mystique, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  13. telecomm

telecomm Peon

Best Answers:
    Google doesnt like who violate the TOS.
    So watch out.

telecomm, Jan 6, 2006 IP
  14. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    Don't believe there are?
    there, you just broke one of them.

devin, Jan 6, 2006 IP
  15. ShytKicker

ShytKicker Guest

Best Answers:
    I just joined here, but you guys are paranoid like little girls. Relax, google got nothing on you. If you're paranoid like this all the time, no wonder google bans half your adsense accounts.

ShytKicker, Jan 6, 2006 IP
  16. dadasays

dadasays Peon

Best Answers:
    The market you're chasing may not be a high-click market, especially the "geek" gamers. The more technologically savvy someone is, the less likely they seem to click on ads -- ever. My most tech-savvy website never received an AdSense click in 4 months -- with thousands of impressions on my busiest days.

This is why Made-for-AdSense sites tend to target non-tech users: the newbies. I don't believe in using trickery to try to get people to click ads, I try to write my content so that ads that do appear are properly targetted to my end users. Some sites just aren't well suited for AdSense -- if you have a quality site you're better off finding advertisers directly who will pay you to get them good customers.

In the long run, you have to look at how you yourself browse. If you're a gamer (especially a "geeky" one), do you EVER click another website's ad that you think is interesting? Do you go to websties an mentally block out ads? Do you use AdBlock or similar software to get rid of ads? If so, and you're targetting users just like you, don't wonder why no one clicks.

dadasays, Jan 6, 2006 IP
  17. knowvak

knowvak Peon

Best Answers:
    I would agree with this. When was the last time you clicked on an advertisement? I know I avoid them at all costs.

As for the issue with the clicks you know you have recieved and are not showing up...Just send adsense support an email and explain it to them. I'm sure they'll take care of it for you.;)

knowvak, Jan 6, 2006 IP
  18. ShytKicker

ShytKicker Guest

Best Answers:
    Oh finally some quality answers. Thanks dadasays and knowvak.

You're right, I have already thought about that as well in the past, I'm an avid gamer myself and I have never in my life clicked an advertisement on a gaming website unless I knew the administrator and wanted to help him out with revenue.

I have emailed the Google Adsense support team, and I am awaiting an answer from them. I have a good marketting strategy but I don't want to fully use it unless I have this issue resolved, don't want it to go down the waste.

I changed the entire advertising, and now I am very happy, and I think I can generate more clicks. I have only a single advertisement right now, a skyscraper on the left navigation, and the skyscraper ads I am getting are very related to gaming, so I am very happy with that. For instance, right now I am getting an "RPG Adventure Quest" advertisement. Very decent looking as well.

I unclogged everything and it no longer looks spammy, so that's a plus. I'll see what Google Team says. If there is any trouble I can always switch to Yahoo's...and start over.

19. dadasays

dadasays Peon

Best Answers:
    SK:

Have you tried to create content that targets the new gamer instead of the avid gamer? On my phone blog (getting good feed from the search engines), I try to come up with content that targets the new user. Sometimes I get emails saying "well, duh that is basic knowledge" to which I explain that I get 3 times as many e-mails from people thanking me for helping them with "stupid" procedures that "everyone" knows about.

dadasays, Jan 6, 2006 IP
  20. ShytKicker

ShytKicker Guest

Best Answers:
    Well I can't really do that, it is online arcade games...so I have no clue how to market the website to "new online arcade gamers". I mean it is just a database with SWF games. Anyway, I got a reply from Google, here it is in quotes.

Not alot of help...I mean, I didn't get clicks updated for 4 days, not 10 minutes...