1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

No backlinks from foo.php/33/44 ?

Discussion in 'Google' started by brainmass, Apr 26, 2004.

Hi guys, this is my first post on this forum so I might be saying silly stuff.

About a month ago I created a dynamic page with with 3 levels of content

foo.php <- listing of all subjects
    foo.php/33 <- listing of all topics under the subject
    foo.php/33/44 <- answers under the topic

I used / instead of ? since I heard that ask.com can't index ? pages, anyways, there is about 500 pages of content coming from foo.php When doing googling for some words in a given top the pages do popup, but when I do links:www.mysite.com the only backlink I see is coming from foo.php No links appear from any subject/topic pages.

Any ideas what might be causing this, they all link back to / but I'm guessing google is smart enough to assosiate that with the domain.

If you need to see how this page is layed out: http://www.brainmass.com/solutions.php

Any info would be appriciated,

Thanks a lot!

brainmass, Apr 26, 2004 IP
  2. expat

expat Stranger from a far land

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    not sure what you are asking exactly as allinurl shows about 1100 don't forget G only shows PR4 upwards and your subpages only have 2 or so.
    I've also noticed that title and description are not per page but show large duplication.

Chemistry - Chemistry of Biological and Bioactive Organic Comp ...Below you will find actual postings from the BrainMass Solution Library. These postings and responses can be downloaded for as little ...
    www.brainmass.com/solutions.php/9/133 - 18k - Cached - Similar pages

Chemistry - Polymer Chemistry Homework help from 1400+ Master's ...Below you will find actual postings from the BrainMass Solution Library. These postings and responses can be downloaded for as little ...
    www.brainmass.com/solutions.php/9/144 - 14k - Cached - Similar pages

Chemistry - Biological Systems Homework help from 1400+ Master's ...Below you will find actual postings from the BrainMass Solution Library. These postings and responses can be downloaded for as little ...
    www.brainmass.com/solutions.php/9/131 - 15k - Cached - Similar pages

and so on it's boring for an SE
    M

expat, Apr 28, 2004 IP
  3. dsr771

dsr771 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm,

My site was showing lots of backlinks for dynamic pages like that until about 2 months ago, then they disappeared. I was wondering the same thing?

But if grunt is right about only showing PR4+, then that might explain things. Did that change come about this year, or has that been the norm?

Thanks

dsr771, May 8, 2004 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's been normal for as long as I remember...

- Shawn

digitalpoint, May 8, 2004 IP