1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

No 300x250 adblocks on YSM Landing Pages

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by beer234, Dec 11, 2009.

Did you know that Yahoo no longer allows you to use contextual ads in critical heatmap locations? I had my account taken offline because I was publishing articles with a 300x250 adsense block below the title but above the start of the article. (Best conversion). The article would then go below and then continue on a column to the right under a graphic. Similar to what many newspapers now do. I called YSM to get a refund of my balance and had a nice converstation with the rep about how my business model doesn't match the editorial guidelines. She discussed with collegues and determined that if I did something like a 468x90 on the bottom vs my 300x250 in the upper middle that woudl be acceptable. So if you are using YSM to drive traffic at content supported by contextual ads beware, your placement could lead to your ads or account being suspended. See quote below.

Your landing page is primarily focused on generating clicks on sponsored ads, rather than on providing relevant keyword content for Yahoo! users. Yahoo! Search Marketing requires that Web sites possess substantial content that is clearly and obviously reflective of the keyword.
    http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/ysm/sps/start/editorial/keyword_selection.h
    tml

Does this impact any of you?

beer234, Dec 11, 2009 IP