1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Nigritude Ultramarine

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by digitalpoint, May 7, 2004.

1. relaxzoolander

relaxzoolander Peon

Best Answers:
    not at the moment.
    you site has been 'devoured' by some taco web site.
    they have 'wrapped' up the no. 3 spot and are 'shelling' you heavily at the moment.
    'crunch' by 'crunch' they have eaten their way to the top 3.
    your site is currently being 'ground' up by their 'meaty' entry....

:eek:

relaxzoolander, May 13, 2004 IP
  2. hexed

hexed Peon

Best Answers:
    pun

\Pun\, n. [Cf. Pun to pound, Pound to beat.] A play on words which have the same sound but different meanings; an expression in which two different applications of a word present an odd or ludicrous idea; a kind of quibble or equivocation. --Addison.

hexed, May 13, 2004 IP
  3. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    Shawn,

How 'bout adding the Slashdot Article to the list of tracked URL's - it's popped up there and currently in the #6 position.

alek

hulkster, May 13, 2004 IP
  4. hexed

hexed Peon

Best Answers:
    hexed, May 13, 2004 IP
  5. relaxzoolander

relaxzoolander Peon

Best Answers:
    relaxzoolander, May 15, 2004 IP
  6. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    I just ran Caryl's Keyword Analysis Tool on the contest again and this site http://www.sim64.co.uk/serps.html is in first place.

It is interesting to visit the site. He has a great deal of outbound links from all the Nigritude Ultramarine pages. I find this interesting because so many people fret about PR bleeding and are paranoid about outbound links.

I have read other people who say that outbound links to "authority" sites are beneficial and some of his links are this type. Many others are links to completely non related sites.

compar, May 17, 2004 IP
  7. sim64

sim64 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    There are a number of reasons why I provide a lot of outbound links.
    The main one being the fact,
    I do SEO for fun, I have very limited resources and know I can't win in the long run. By providing links to other peoples sites I make good friends and know we can help each other after the competition is over. All my links are genuine, there is no cloaking or javascript trikery going on.
    I also provide the links to see who is and isn't trustworthy, a number of people
    reciprocate and then slighly remove their link back or use tricks to stop PR leak, I know not to trust them in the future.
    I also provide the links to see how it effects other sites, it was interesting to note the other day, That 6 or 7 of the sites I am linking too are now top 10. Coincidence or not, I like to think my link helps everybody.
    By the way, Thanks for the link. ;)

sim64, May 17, 2004 IP
  8. leeds1

leeds1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it's the authority site thing

I added two based on Morgan's advice (FOC I might add :) ) and did come up a few places (although a few old IBLs might have been accounted for by G in those few days...)

leeds1, May 17, 2004 IP
  9. relaxzoolander

relaxzoolander Peon

Best Answers:
    day 12 is here.
    ...not even halfway to the first check point yet.

:)

relaxzoolander, May 17, 2004 IP
  10. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    This competion is great!

SO much to learn from everyone...

Good luck everyone.

Outbound links (as far as I know are a really good way of increasing SERP's results)

Great site there sim64. been following for the last few days.

nigritude ultramarine

Keep it up. Better than TV!

SEbasic, May 18, 2004 IP
  11. sim64

sim64 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the comments SEbasic.

Have you read the pages about the tactics I used during the serps competition?
    Start at serps-google.html and follow the links, there's about 20 pages providing information on different tactics I tried out. I tried to update it every day, but towards the end I got a bit lazy and the last few pages were written from memory.
    I wish I had written a bit more now and kept the story going (for a start it would have given me a few more PR5 pages to play with ;) ) Apart from that, it is nice to read back about the different things I tried.

sim64, May 18, 2004 IP
  12. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course. I loved the use the different file types that are spiderable by the SE's

Great Idea.

Out of interest, did you use some kind of program or scrpit to produce each of the files or was it all manual?

SEbasic, May 18, 2004 IP
  13. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Need to start moving your listing up to #1 again.

debunked, May 18, 2004 IP
  14. relaxzoolander

relaxzoolander Peon

Best Answers:
    relaxzoolander, May 22, 2004 IP
  15. echelon

echelon Peon

Best Answers:
    Meh. It's "blackhat". As in one. And why would you say that I'm blackhat other than the fact that I've used other sites with PR and a few ("few" = 48) scripts to boost my rankings? I mean, I pointed out what Blue Falcon was doing over at the Search Guild. I'm not doing anything that bad... That was blackhat.

At least I don't go around copying texts from other websites for my entry like your page does. ;)

(I don't like it when people say things behind my back. I think that's rude.)

echelon, May 22, 2004 IP
  16. t2dman

t2dman Peon

Best Answers:
    My ranking coming back - now 12th.

Community is a great place to be. I give one link from my main Nigritude Ultramarine page, and others from around my site. Sometimes I get back one for one, other times I get back far more, sometimes less. I might get less, but they may have contacts with other websites... I have often helped the websites with SEO that I ask for links from. They get higher on google, they get more PR, more to give me, then when competitions like this happen, they are more than willing to give extra to help out.

But then there is tactics. When linking to the top entries for a term, you want to make sure the swap is fairly even. It is after all a competition.

Note the very interesting sim64 links - not straight "Nigritude Ultramarine".

I am a real fan of using only the words in links that you want to get top of. I was top for "Auckland Restaurants" but not for "Auckland", nor "Restaurants"... so I start using those single term links, and my rankings for those terms increase. Of course I can't increase solely on text link or PR. Links from other pages high for those terms are also needed, which comes back to the Community theme that I started this posting with. I have to have links from high ranking pages, linking to my high ranking pages for the same phrase.

t2dman, May 23, 2004 IP
  17. echelon

echelon Peon

Best Answers:
    I think TJ is only at the top because he is very clever with all of the backlinks. His site has a good PR too. If I could just get the volume of backlinks necessary to topple him... :p

t2dman, what are you in this contest for personally?

echelon, May 24, 2004 IP
  18. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    sport?

Why do my sites link to his?
    the thrill of the chase!

beats bloodsports :)

sarahk, May 24, 2004 IP
  19. peteinoz2

peteinoz2 Peon

Best Answers:
    hi all.. new here :)

enjoyed reading this thread..

btw.. zoolander. wheres your site gone? I cant find it? and do you know why its dissapeared ?

im enterd this comp just for fun... haning in the 20 - 30 position.. im happy with that considering theres over 250k pages listed :)

nice to meet you all :)

peteinoz2, May 24, 2004 IP
  20. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    Zoolie's site is #11 right now ...

hulkster, May 24, 2004 IP