1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Nigel Lew Issue

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Matyy_22, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWhiterose

TheWhiterose Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Also want to write something here, i also had a bad experience with him, i would like to warn people if you want to create a LARGE project , don't buy his services. I dunno if for small projects he is competent,

but i hired him for a large project, his prices were interesting, and his timeline too. To explain further, he contacted me and claimed he would do the job within hours, i been kind and paid more than 50% of the amount before starting (it was a big mistake, yes).

We had several conversations, and each time i was seeing nothing on my domain, he was "working" on his site, and everyday was saying its just a matter of hours.

A whole week later, still nothing was done, i understood that he had issues and couldnt fix them on site, so i decided to stop the project and asked for a refund.

From this time, he started to be rude, acting like a angry person with insults, his main reason for not providing his services was his buddy who has cancer and is dying so he was spending most of time with him.

I personally told him that he should be ashamed to use his sick friend as a professional reason. He also claimed he was working on 6 projects in same time, i answered him that if he couldnt afford all this project in same time then he SHOULD had told me it, and i would had delayed the date of project, but it's him who personally said he was able to do the project. So ofc, after he said it was just a matter of 30 minutes to have a "kick ass "site. When i was still seeing nothing on my domain. He refunded me of 50% only, saying that he wouldnt refund all for all the work he did....

Want to know what he did ?

I sent him $80, with this, he bought a premium wordpress theme, installed the theme on HIS SITE, and installed wordpress on my domain (it takes 30 sec).

Do you think i wouldnt be able to do it myself, and i would pay a person to install wordpress and a theme ? I asked him the same question, there was no answers except insults.

After i gave him a bad feedback, he been even more rude, and menaced me even (lol) to fuck up my domain with an eternal error 300.

So, beware of this "wordpress expert", as i said, maybe he has potential for small stuff, but for large projects, hire a real professional who will satisfy you :)

The conversations can be watched, i packed them in a zip file , you will find the same menaces and same insults that previous members reported.

Click here to see

P.S : Still wondering how he can set a 300 error when nameservers aren't pointing to his server(s) :D

It's really bad to find scammers on here, DigitalPoint is good site.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
    TheWhiterose, Nov 2, 2012 IP
  2. RoundShots

RoundShots Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your advices guys, i was on my way to hire him and do a big mistake ...

RoundShots, Nov 2, 2012 IP
  3. TheWhiterose

TheWhiterose Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can report scammers on Ic3 dot gov website.

Just go There and report the scam to this person with as many details as you can,

The more people write similar reports, the more credible it is, And police will take necessary actions with the fraudulent person.

Note : i already made my report, and as well provided this forum page to prove that i'm not the only one that been victim of this scam.

Note 2 : Which is also very suspicious, is that the paypal account used is from "Richard Gastaldo", which should be the same name than here, it been said it was his buddy's account, but that makes really no sense when your imagining that a 43 yo man who is in the business for several years now ,wouldn't have his own paypal account ? Who knows ... maybe it's a fake name..what to believe now....anyway, it doesnt really matter.

@ Nigel Lew : I will resign my complaint , the sec i will get my money back, the ball is on your side.

TheWhiterose, Nov 4, 2012 IP
  4. AlwaysSucceed

AlwaysSucceed Member

Best Answers:
    I'm still working on getting my $200 dollars back. Just like this guy claimed that his buddy has cancer he did the same for him and his colleague claims his father caught a stroke and has not been able to do any work due to his father being in the hospital. They offered me a refund of "$100" out of the "200" claiming for the work they have done, meanwhile I asked to show me 1 link of proof, and they linked me to a backlink I MADE. These guys are complete frauds.

AlwaysSucceed, Nov 4, 2012 IP
  5. RoundShots

RoundShots Active Member

Best Answers:
    i get the "strategy" used then,

step 1 : claiming to do the work and asking for 50% of payment before work

step 2 : pretexting an incident to gain time.

step 3: waiting that client asks a refund and give only 50% back.

So, in any case, he keeps 50% of the project's price, pathetic.

RoundShots, Nov 4, 2012 IP
  6. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Fortunately for me it is very easy to qualify that the work was and still is done so you kids can keep yapping all you want.

Additionally,I provided Mike a wide range of free, high level consultation. I DO NOT WORK FOR HIM... PERIOD WHAT SO EVER. His SEO provider's father had a stroke. This is not an excuse, this is reality. I offered to do a few things for him so Gururcreation could handle a few family matters. The following day he was demanding a 200 dollar refund from ME.

Why would I refund someone something I was not paid in the first place?

As for whiterose, he could not wait 30 minutes for me to move his stuff for him. I don't develop things live on the fly.

I could not be any further dislocated from giving a shit about what you folks have to say about me.

Less of course the notion that you folks are simply shitty people. While I should likely not howl at folks I have a very low threshold for folks that are spiritually bankrupt.

@roundshots. I offered to do your site for free until you could pay for it at the end of the month. I did not work for you either so I fail to see what you stand to gain by chiming in here but whatever.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Nov 5, 2012 IP
  7. RoundShots

RoundShots Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's a forum here, everyone can take part of the thread, i was going to hire you, so as the topic is "nigel lew", then im enough involved to write here.

At first, i was confused, but after reading all people who showed proves of their words, then i would not see why they would make a conspiration if it wasn't true.

And the paypal account which isnt similar to your name is also suspicious.

RoundShots, Nov 5, 2012 IP
  8. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Your work would be done already prior to even paying me and the folks above you are full of shit.... Mike, don't even work for, was not paid by him etc. That is largely why I was flying off the handle but whatever.

Your guess is as good as mine on that one since I do not work for that guy in the first place.

Good luck with your project though.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Nov 5, 2012 IP
  9. puffyclouds

puffyclouds Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm still looking for my funds returned. A contract was drawn up in 2010, it looked official and I sent you $400 on Paypal. THere was no website delivered, and then fragemnets were sent after one year's time. THere's no working website I can use, it wasn't finished.
    Nigel Lew still hasn't returned $400, since 2010, I've lost my patience. Are you there Nigel? I need the funds returned and sent you a paypal request. If you get a chance to refund the funds, the DP moderator can erase my comments on this public forum.

This is now pending with my lawyer and/or small claims court and/or a complaint with the BBB, you created a contact and did not send a website. $400 is requested immediately. I'm expended lots of time trying to recoop the money you took without delivering a product, you need to refund the money you stole. You took $400 in 2010 and if my lawyer thinks there are late fees we can add on, we will.

Small claims court would be in my area, which as I think the law process would entail, if I win my case and speak before the judge, and you do not show up, I believe then there could be a sheriff's levy placed to recoop anything the judge feels I would win. So I don't think you can run away from taking these funds. And would like this paid right away. And if you're unable to travel to my area for the small claims case, I believe I would win automatically through the court process.

This is pending with my lawyer and/or small claims court and/or a complaint with the BBB right now and I'd like my $400. You can pay this via Paypal.
    What is your current address and telephone Nigel? I'd like to confirm I have all your contact information correct ! I need the funds repaid from 2010. This matter's not closed you've hurt us, my webpage would ahve been done in 2010 but we were waiting for you, and your lies continued.

puffyclouds, Jan 12, 2013 IP
  10. puffyclouds

puffyclouds Peon

Best Answers:
    He still has not responded (I paid him in 2010) with even one cent of the requested amount. $400.Legal action is in process, along with a BBB complaints and/or other dispute agencies. Not sure how clear I can be, and he runs without sending a cent of reimbursement.I've been chasing after the funds paid with no delivered website within a year's time.Has anyone added on extra fees or interest? Can anyone confirm his current contact information? I have it but has it changed?

puffyclouds, Jan 16, 2013 IP
  11. bad_bob00

bad_bob00 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I had a few dealings with Nigel, he did a few small jobs for me on one of my blogs, however now I've paid him $100 to convert a static html site to a wordpress blog (this was at least 5 months ago), and he still hasn't done it. I keep asking him, and asking for a refund, he just makes up excuses now.
    Unfortunately I didn't see these threads until now.

bad_bob00, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  12. ArmandTussaud

ArmandTussaud Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi everyone

I would like to inform you of a scammer that is in this forum his name is Nigel Lew
    i posted here i was looking for some one who can clone a wordpress them and i think i have posted in the wrong section so the moderator deleted my post but Nigel Lew
    sent a PM and told me he can do the job i asked him for a quote and he told me $100,
    $50 upfront and $50 when job is done we agreed added him on skype and i have been told it will be done in few days and he installed wordpress on his server the next day showed gave me the url for the blog so i can if while he does the work and he installed sahifa wordpress theme i asked him it does not look like the theme i want he said it looks a bit like it and he will make it look exactly like that and asked him if the theme belongs to him he said he paid for it and never used it and told me he can send me the certificate later on i found out the theme was nulled asked him why is that he said he had to version by mistake he uploaded this one then he kept delaying the job saying he will track down a client and get the theme form him which never happened again i told him what is going on he said if i buy the theme it will be faster and i can take the money of from his final payment we agreed i bought the safiha theme from themeforest sent it to him and he started working and never gave me the design i was looking for all he was doing was edit some css files from sahifa admin panel which i could have done is well because that theme has allot of options you can check your self,he kept delaying the work today and tomorrow i have reported him to paypal and i will dedicate a website only for him.be careful of this guy never pay him a cent.
    i have proof of everything so i am not making this up and i am sure he will reply
    His original name is
    Richard Castaldo
    his website
    http://www.jnlew.com/

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
    ArmandTussaud, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  13. User333

User333 Banned

Best Answers:
    Wow Nigel Lew you are real villain. And you accusing me of something?

User333, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  14. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't accuse you of anything. I reported on some math. Nice attempt at distracting from your issues though. I am booked for about 6 months. If there was any accuracy to these complaints I would be out of a job.

Thanks for bumping the thread though. I can now bother to parade a shit ton of clients through here.

Well done sir,

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  15. User333

User333 Banned

Best Answers:
    User333, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  16. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You have the business prowess of a sock puppet. If you recall. I purposefully stated that I was not calling you a scammer. So you are free to go off whatever crazy tangent you want. My ROR is no more legit than this thread.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  17. infogle

infogle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hello... All... I just want to draw attention of all... I have posted a thread for SEO work.. and this work is still open - as i got busy in my work and therefore this work was left behind - though i communicated with some - but nothing has been finalized because this work is not easy.

I am writing for community sake:::: Few people who have applied to this offer - are crazy and seriously SICK they are doing bad if they are not getting work... and posting all the abuse to my skype.

The Member who is doing so is: Nigel - Profile Link
    Just see what he is messaging.... (If required i can post the screenshot of the same) - This is done when i have said that I am busy for now and will contact later.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    [02:02:53 AM] Nigel Lew: ok you are officially fired. Sooner than later you should learn to not waste peoples time and make shit up... bunch of dimwits.
    [09:52:21 AM] Nigel Lew: and plummeting to page five is the least of your concerns fyi
    [11:05:52 AM] Nigel Lew: because I will plummet you another 100 pages
    [11:06:06 AM] Nigel Lew: that is all
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Therefore; please be aware before communicating with anyone... because he is doing all the bad for the website. We have spent so much time on DP since 2006 and have shared and got much knowledge - so trying to keep the forum clean!

I hope this post helps....

infogle, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  18. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I see, I didn't do your internal paperwork so you can get work and have me do it for you and I am the enemy. That is rich. I held this fellows hand for days explaining how he needed to get his project done because he is another dude running a web firm that cant actually do anything.

It is not my job to get your work for you. Its is further not my job to do your internal paperwork for you either. If you dont know how to develop a Magento site. Don't bid on the work expecting others to do it for you.

I do find it amusing when folks think they can bad mouth me when I the one being wronged though.

Just another day at the office around here.

that is all.
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jan 4, 2014 IP
  19. Proness

Proness Active Member

Best Answers:
    Reasons for Starting a New Thread on this

1) It is necessary to expose this scammer who is running a pretty successful operation since years. This guy has scammed tens of honest DP members and it is essential some action is taken against him so more people don't fall in the trap.

2) The old thread has a mis-named title. It's not an issue with Nigel Lew, he's basically a first-rate scammer. Read all 6 pages of that thread and you'll concur.

3) The OP of the old thread is banned. This fact should NOT lend credibility to the scam Nigel Lew is so successfully running.

Modus-operandi of the scammer

1) Nigel Lew will sweet talk, give you a irrestible quote & an impractical delivery timeframe, and do this with such conviction that you start trusting him.

2) You decide to pay him (in my case, I got lucky and came out without losing a penny) or engage him for the project you have in hand. He takes it up confidently.

3) He sits on it. He will reply to all your emails, all your Skype messages to give you the illusion that work is on. Actually, he's just sitting on it and everytime you ask for the status - he will give you an excuse. Every. single. time. No exception.

4) Finally, you get frustrated and try to dis-engage him. If you have given him the moneh (or not), he will first threaten you (Eg: I will push your website to the 300th page on Google) & then blackmail you into giving in.

5) You give in - he keeps his money (or whatever part of it) & you take all the blame. You take out your frustration by making a post on him, he replies with his usual BS (read: trying to create the illusion that "he's not the bad guy") and then gets away with it. Seriously. It's that sophisticated.

Pre-reading required

Before you read this post, please read this thread (I recommend you read all of it). There have been multiple cases of people paying him money and relating the same modus operandi as illustrated above. Many have lost money on it.

If you don't have time to read the whole thread, read this part which will give you the background of what I'll be talking about below.

The Case

I hired this guy for Magento work for a client (we were completely transparent with the client that we were new to Magento and were availing the services of an expert). I asked Nigel to write a proposal (which he agreed to wholeheartedly), and almost 10 days & repeated follows later, he was still giving excuses like a 6 year old child. Which is when I came across this thread and asked him to politely part ways. He went full retard and started threatening me. Here are his exact words:

^ that's funny because he was the one wasting time all along with his BS excuses (read on for the entire scoop).

Now, I digested his impotent threat to diffuse the inevitable fight-off. But he wouldn't stop there.

Note, till yesterday, he had given me the impression that he had already completed the proposal and sent it to me. Here's his exact mail to me on my first follow-up for the proposal a week back:

and then:

..and after a few more follow-ups:

And then.. he said this, where I lost my cool:

He was asking me (hell no, blackmailing!) for cash without doing shit! I gave him a fitting reply:

And BTW, he had wholeheartedly agreed to write the proposal (a standard pre-requisite for any web firm) on 26th December (almost 2 weeks back - so it's no understatement that he was wasting my time). This was his exact mail when I asked him to write one:

So practically, it was his job to write the proposal!

Basically, this guy has ZERO real-world Magento experience (ask him for his references - he has none. And he claims to be a "Magento expert"). Notwithstanding, I still gave him a chance and was polite till I could bear his BS. He should get an award for being such a douche.

I'm only happy that I didn't bet a single penny on him - for anyone reading this thread, and in talks with Nigel for any work. Fire him right away, thank me later!

To Nigel Lew:

You need professional help, like pronto. There's something seriously wrong with you as a person (I mean - right to the very core of your being). It's 6 pages of scam reports with another thread on you going strong. One person can be wrong, two can be wrong, but six pages? How do you manage to sleep at night - don't you have a conscience?

Proness, Jan 4, 2014 IP
  20. Dave Goehst

Dave Goehst Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, I have also fell victim to this scumbag. He's extorted my site (hitchingit.com), spread egregious lies about myself, my family and others, and has made several physical threats on my humanity. He will make up astronomical figures of things you owe him, and fail to deliver anything. He has about 1% programming knowledge, with the remaining 99% being read on Google.

IF you have the notion to hire this little unscrupulous dirtbag, consider these things:
    • DO NOT give him site access - he will take it over
    • DO NOT let him park things on HIS servers - again, this feeds into his manic frenzy
    • DO NOT send him money 'as Family/Friend' - send it with shipping address and call it an electrical item as this will protect you.
    • DO call Paypal and report this dirtbag. The more people that do, the better chance they'll shut his operation down and force him homeless
    Oh, and he's great about trying to talk intelligently over you, although according to some of his word choices, I think he's a British Englishman that was banished for stupidity. He'll fabricate PM's to make his 'case' look better. And he'll threaten to get Indian (people of India) after you if you do not comply with his demands.

Dave Goehst, Apr 13, 2014 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.