1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Niche SE software

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by sarahk, Oct 6, 2005.

I'm having a play with phpDig with the aim of having a niche search engine on one of my sites.

I have 700 sites to load up and so far have indexed 11k pages on 183 sites but the spider has been running all day which is unrealistic.

I was thinking about ways around it and the ideal seemed to be

• indexing new or updated pages as identified in the Google XML sitemap
    • normal indexing for all other sites
    so, webmasters in my niche would be able to submit the location of their XML sitemap. The search engine would then put that site into the optimised search pile saving both of us bandwidth and server.

normally indexed sites would be indexed less frequently but every page would be scanned.

I know that this is technically possible, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a PHP/MySQL engine that is doing this, or is being built to do this. I'm happy to help the team where I can.

sarahk, Oct 6, 2005 IP
  2. king_cobra

king_cobra Peon

Best Answers:
    there is no such scripts exisiting as far as i know. well... but u can mod the current engine to work as u wish.

king_cobra, Oct 6, 2005 IP