1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

NFL Super Bowl and Presidents Day Weekend Question

Discussion in 'Sports' started by jrbiz, Feb 12, 2022.

Can someone enlighten me as to why the NFL does not make the Super Bowl coincide with the Presidents Day holiday weekend? It seems to me like it would be a master marketing move in that Sunday Super Bowl celebrations would become bigger and even more popular, since there would be no work for most the next day. Here in New England, the game starts at 6:20pm on Super Bowl Sunday and a lot of people do not want to party or go to a party that would last late into the evening because Monday morning work looms. Imagine if it were a holiday, the next day. My understanding is that the NFL marketing people drive the Super Bowl schedule because it is the League's most profitable time and I cannot conceive why they would not understand how such a move would have the potential to expand the "celebration" and, therefore, the potential to make money. And, they had a perfect excuse to delaying the SB one more week to coincide with the holiday weekend because they added a 17th game to the schedule this year. Obviously, they do not want to have the SB on the long weekend.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why the NFL does not want to do this?

jrbiz, Feb 12, 2022 IP