1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

NFL 2008-2009 Season - Are you ready for some FOOTBALL???

Discussion in 'Sports' started by buffalo, Aug 23, 2008.

1. buffalo

buffalo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, no! Not the silver and Honolulu blue! :eek::(

And the Jets? You have got to be kidding. That's almost as bad as suggesting the Packers. :mad:

buffalo, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  2. ShaneC

ShaneC Peon

Best Answers:
    Adam "Pacman" Jones got into a fight with his bodyguard. Story.

No chargers were pressed or anything, so who knows what will come out of it.

ShaneC, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  3. buffalo

Best Answers:
    Got this in an email today:

;)

buffalo, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  4. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    Pac is a tard muffin for sure. He should be renting movies from blockbuster or studying game tape, not attending rap parties at swanky hotels :rolleyes:

NICE :D

timsdd, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  5. ShaneC

ShaneC Peon

Best Answers:
    hahahahahaha, let's see if the comish takes any action.

Terrence Newman is out indefinitely with a sports hernia. He's one heck of a corner.

Buffalo, the Lions got 8.5 Million back from Charles Rogers. I'm sure they will spend it wisely on their next 1st round pick. muhahaha. JK

ShaneC, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  6. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    Adam "if there's trouble I'll find it" Jones had better not fart sideways b/c you know the commish is going to come a sniffin'

we def can't afford another loss now that Newman needs a month or more to rest or whatever :rolleyes:

timsdd, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  7. ShaneC

ShaneC Peon

Best Answers:
    BIG BIG BIG pick up for the Cowboys. They got Roy Williams from the Lions. Article.

John Kitna is also out for the season. :)

ShaneC, Oct 14, 2008 IP
  8. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    LogicFlux, Oct 14, 2008 IP
  9. buffalo

Best Answers:
    First Millen, now Kitna... Who's next? :D

I think that every time we lose, we should fire whoever sucks the most. That should motivate them to win a game... :rolleyes:

buffalo, Oct 14, 2008 IP
  10. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    you guys read my mind, I was just headed over here to post about Da Boys....what a rough week!

1) Romo out for a month
    2) McBriar (punter) out for the season
    3) Sam Hurd (WR) out for the season
    4) Felix Jones, out for 2-4 weeks
    5) Adam "crackman" Jones out 4games until maybe forever

BUT Roy Williams....COME ON DOWN!!! :D:D:D:D

that is huge!

funny about the Giants, I didn't know about that until like 29 mins ago!

timsdd, Oct 14, 2008 IP
  11. ShaneC

ShaneC Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm convinced Eli Manning is slightly above average, but not good after watching that game. :D Giants are the most over rated team in the NFL this year.

hahahahaha. I'm waiting for Drew Stanton, see what he can do.

I didn't know that about Felix Jones, and I didn't keep up with the crackman situation. I believe Roy Williams has the possibility to become the best WR in the game, but how is T.O. going to feel about it?

Brad Johnson is a solid backup, just gotta keep him protected!

ShaneC, Oct 14, 2008 IP
  12. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    I hear you on Eli, I have felt the same as well, the end of last year notwithstanding. I remember watching him @ Ole MIss....he got beat by Texas Tech so...even then I was like meh.

Felix :( bad hammy.
    I think Tashard Choice will be more than capable to spell Barber....just hope he can pick up the blitzes when he is supposed to!

TO was "elated", was the first person to call him (I guess aside from Jerry!!)
    Just think of it...if you have a true legitimate threat on the other side of TO (which certainly is NOT Crayton, Austin, Stanback, Hurd....)...then all of a sudden that safety has to think twice about which way he is going to roll! Before it was a no brainer, roll to TO 99.5% of the time!

No lie on protecting BJ, without that he is certain to falter.

timsdd, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  13. ShaneC

ShaneC Peon

Best Answers:
    Speed players are always the ones with bad hamstrings. I remember Tashard at Georgia Tech, he was a good running back, bruiser.

Great point. Remember the Rams with Isac Bruce, Tory Holt, and Marshall Faulk? Created so many mismatches because it was impossible to focus on one man, in the end they all put up huge numbers.

There was a lot of talk about what Roy Williams will bring, because the big numbers aren't there. I have been a fan of him since he came out of college, he simply got stuck with a crap team. He has potential to be the one of the best WR's in the game. Cowboys red zone offense is going to be nasty! Williams, Owens, and Witten. All you have to do is lob it up, most corners are like 5'8-5'10.

ShaneC, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  14. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    speed = high strung in that regard with hammys

St. L never had a pro-bowl tight end either!

I knew RW was a monster @ UT, saw him play once I think in person....several times on TV. It took him a year or two in DET to really become a force? I really never saw him play much there...then again it usually takes a little time for WR to adjust to the NFL.

We need more fades in the red zone and less Romo picks! :rolleyes:
    Good call on the size matchups though...I hear that is his specialty of sorts

timsdd, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  15. ShaneC

ShaneC Peon

Best Answers:
    I watched him a whole lot in the 06 season, because he was on my fantasy team, and it also happened to be his best year so far in the NFL.:D For like the first 2-3 years of his career he was also stuck with Joey Harrington as QB.

Here is a decent highlight video I just watched.

What's your opinion on crackman? Should he be banned?

ShaneC, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  16. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    I didn't realize how fast he was, out running the Eagles DB's
    3:03, the one handed TD grab!! :cool:

as far as crackman goes, I don't think for any other person in the NFL this "incident" would have even made the news BUT....if he's that stupid (which there is no doubt) he does not deserve to be in the NFL...not sure why Goodell said he'd "reevaluate" after 4 games...he's as good as gone!

timsdd, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  17. ShaneC

ShaneC Peon

Best Answers:
    He has had so many chances. The thing that bothers me is there are players in the NFL that are literally day to day, they fight hard just to make the team. Crackman has taken complete advantage of his position, and even before he was reinstated, he showed basically zero remorse for his previous actions. If he makes a serious attempt to change his life around the next 4 games I would give him another shot, if not then goodbye.

I'm still wondering what Goodell is going to do with Michael Vick? I think his release date is in June or July 2009.

ShaneC, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  18. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    Ain't that the truth, ever bit of what you said about Thugman. If he was a rapper he'd be dead by now! :rolleyes:

What's worse is that he put his team in a huge bind...but TG for a good draft this year. The rookies will get some trial by fire here until T-new recoups. Roy #38 Williams was back in practice this week...as much guff as I have given him over the past 2-3 years, I hope he can come back and be a difference maker in a not so special D so far this year.

No idea on Vick! He's "another one", world at his fingertips and makes a bone headed decision. Maybe the jail time got him into a better state of mind...that is if he already wasn't running cock fights on the inside!

timsdd, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  19. ShaneC

ShaneC Peon

Best Answers:
    hahahaha. Actually crackman has his own hip hop record label, and a cd. :) As of now I guess he's being forced into alcohol rehab by the NFL! It's a "in facility treatment center". This is the NFL's last ditch effort.

We talked about him a couple times, I'm not a Cowboys fan, but I sure do miss his hard nose playing style.

Vick let it all go for a couple thousand dollar bets. Wasn't he worth like 50-75 million in just sponsor deals? From what I've read recently, the people who keep in contact with him are saying he's a changed man. He brought so much excitement to the game.

ShaneC, Oct 17, 2008 IP
  20. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    alcohol rehab :rolleyes: homeboy needs anger management along with that for a side dish me thinks.

what they should really do is make him work a fast food job for 60 hours one week...would you rather make $8 an hour or make $8million every 3 years???
    better yet, something really aggressive like coal miner or construction roof shingler or something!! make him truly appreciate what he has in being an NFL player!!

Vick trades in his Nike and 17 other sponsors now for Iams...when your dog really needs to bulk up for the next fight...you can trust Iams dog food! :D

timsdd, Oct 17, 2008 IP