1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Next time you guest post, Remember the following tips

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Aman Thakur, Oct 1, 2015.

Recently, I was able to guest post for Boost Blog Traffic.
    Although, it was a great post but still I didn’t got the results I expected. It was because I committed some mistakes and I learnt much needful lessons from it.
    So, the next time you see me guest posting, I’ll surely avoid these blunders and keep the following points in my mind.

Choose a topic close to audience
    Its crucial and very important.
    You must know the blog audience before publishing blog post so that you can choose a topic close to the audience. And if you also create a blunder like mine, you’ll also get:
    • Less visitors
    • Less shares
    • And ultimately less conversions
    And this is the thing you should always avoid. Here are the ways to identify the best topic for your guest post:
    1. Look at most commented and most shared blog posts of that blog.
    It’s easy. You just need to visit the site for sometime and notice the number of comments and shares. Then, place all your results in spreadsheet arranged by descending order.

2. Identify the key topics around it which are published.
    Now, you got the idea. So, next step is identifying the key topic around it. Here, create a list of 10 key topics around those top posts.
    Now, notice which all topics are published and which aren’t.

3. Notice the gap and fill it.
    Now, you noticed the gap. It’s time for you to fill that gap with your guest post.

Use your summary “wisely”
    Guest posts have a problem.
    You are guest posting just for a link that’s going to be placed in author bio or byline. That’s it. This is where your whole traffic comes from. And this is what you wanted in return of your 10 hours of hard work.
    So, its clear that you get a raw deal. Also, with so many guest posts out there people hardly notice the author bio. And that makes this deal a bummer.
    But, here’s the deal:
    You are writing the post yourself. Then why not make your summary or conclusion convincing enough to get more traffic to your site.
    Here’s an example:

[​IMG]

Send the visitors to post specific bonus
    Its common practice these days.
    People write a guest post and leave a link in byline that sends them to a squeeze page. But, the problem with this method is that you leave lot of potential subscribers. Why?
    Because when people come to sqeeze page, while many people may subscribe. But, some people don’t do it because they don’t know what’s exactly inside this bonus.
    So, here’s the deal:
    Send the people to a blog post (which is specific to your guest post) with content upgrade. Now, why this will work because:
    When people come to your site they read your post and it piques up their curiosity so they’ll surely enter their email address to get your content upgrade specific to post.
    So, avoid these mistakes and let your guest post fly!

P.s. I’ll be coming tomorrow again with more action. So, stay tuned.
    P.p.s. I'm launching Helpable.net for people to get free help from SEO to web desigining anything imaginable online. You can register for beta launch for free.

Lemme know what do you think about it.

Aman Thakur, Oct 1, 2015 IP
    wwstewart and Mr_Kumar like this.
  2. Shaneman

Shaneman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Making notes in a spreadsheet of the most commented and most shared posts on a blog to get an idea of the subject matter of a guest blog post for that blog is a great idea.

This will really help to create a guest blog post on a topic people find interesting on that particular blog.

I like your idea too of writing the summary part of a guest blog post in such a way so that it encourages traffic to your site.

Thanks for sharing this good advice Aman. :)

Shaneman, Oct 2, 2015 IP
  3. Aman Thakur

Aman Thakur Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Shaneman

Aman Thakur, Oct 2, 2015 IP
  4. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    @Aman, Good job done. You deserve some likes for sure.

Mr_Kumar, Dec 17, 2015 IP
  5. Dario McNut

Dario McNut Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing, you have to make sure that you post a quality comment to blog or website.

Dario McNut, Dec 22, 2015 IP