1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[NEXT ISSUE] Your PAN was found to be invalid after verification

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by vsiyer, Sep 15, 2011.

1. JoomlaDesigner

JoomlaDesigner Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was very frustrated as I am losing $$$ business due to this issue so I planned to make another call to PayPal just to verify the things are progressing or not but I was surprised OR I can say I was SHOCKED. I made 3 phone calls to them and wasted my 1.5 hours. Yes totally wasted.

1st Phone Call(20 mins):
    Lady agent answered the call, I gave all the details, waited for 5 mins and then she told me she can't able to help on limitations so she will forward my call to limitation expert. I waited for another 5 mins, another lady agent came into picture, she asked all the details again. I told my problem "My PAN is there with PayPal since last 7 months and it's been already verified so why you guys are asking to verify it again? Why you limited my account". She took my PAN number again just to verify and asked me to email photocopy of pan card to . I said alright, I will do it right now. Thanks, Bye.

I took photo of my pan card, transfer it to my lappy via bluetooth and send it to
    I got some confidence and relief. I was about to sleep and get 1 email alert. I just checked and it was a bounce email for . I said WTF!!!!
    I tried to send an email to (Without "s"), it went through but I got a reply that they can't assist direct requests at this email address. Lol!!!
    Wasted my another 15 minutes.

2nd Phone Call - Damn Funny(35 mins):
    This is most ridiculous one. After 5 minutes of waiting time, I got a guy named Matthew. He was really a DUMB A**. He asked about my details and problem, I told and he looked at something for 2 mins.

Here a funny conversation comes:

Matthew: Sir, Your Pan Card verification is failed so enter your valid PAN.
    Me: It's already there.
    Matthew: But, verification failed so you need to enter the correct one.
    Me: I have already entered correct one.
    Matthew: Oh, so if you entered correct one than you need to wait for atleast 24-48 hours until we verify it.
    Me: But My Pan Card is already there with PayPal since last 7 months and it's already verified then why you guys are asking again to verify???
    Matthew: Sir, if you entered correct one than don't worry, we will verify it within 24-48 hours.
    Me: If you didn't already verify it then why it is showing me that PAN Card verification is failed? (Pulling his LEG as I realize he is dumb)
    Matthew: Hmm, that's strange. Let me look into it.
    Me: Listen dude, you're not understanding the issue.
    Matthew: I am.
    Me: Then tell me what's the issue? Blah.. Blah.. Blah..
    Matthew: Issue is your PAN card is not valid. (He interrupted me and I got tempered)
    Me: I said, WTF?? Last time you guys verified it when I entered before 7 months, my bank verified it, income tax department verified it and now you are saying verification failed? Why?
    Matthew: I think it is not as per our system.
    Me: What's your system?
    Matthew: You can check our FAQs.
    Me: I laughed a big at him and said him f**k OFF.

Hahahahaha.... This is really ridiculous stuff from PayPal. How they recruit this kind of people?

3rd Phone Call(20 mins):
    After 15 mins wait, I got a lady, told her all the details, she checked it for 2 mins:
    She: Sir, there is some problem with your bank account. you didn't verify it and that's the reason of limitation. (Hahahahaha, I was surpried and thought she is another dumb a**)
    Me: Wow, you invented new issue. Where it is showing that my bank account is not verified? I am using it since last 4 years...
    She: But it is not verified as per our system.
    Me: How can I withdraw funds then? I am withdrawing since a long.
    She: You can withdraw to unverified bank accounts too.
    Me: See, I don't know what you understand but PayPal is showing me "There is some problem with my PAN Card".
    She: Ok Sir, I will transfer your call to higher authority. ( LOL)

Another Lady, she told me the issue before I say anything(seems she is aware of it already). She asked me to confirm my pan card number, she wrote it down and forward it to verification team. I told her to send me an email as a confirmation, she did it. She told me, you will probably get a response within 48 hours.

Summary: I don't have any hope now. But if they fix the issue, that will be good but I am going to find an alternative(EBS, 2CO OR CCAvenue) for sure as I am using a big $$$ due to this issue.

JoomlaDesigner, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  2. IndiaNets

IndiaNets Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure why, probably because they do not want to show that they have an operation in India. They only have a development center here and do not directly deal with Indian clients with something called "PayPal India". This will impose more pressure from Govt/RBI on them and a bounding to register as a bank legally which they do not want to.

IndiaNets, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  3. amiyan

amiyan Active Member

Best Answers:
    is any one lucky to get this issue sorted out?, such things happen regularly with paypal, may be a govt? sponsored one to reduce $ inflow.

I laid off two of my employees today due to uncertainties.

amiyan, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  4. Ragu_007

Ragu_007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    From this conversion i understand one think, PayPal customer care representatives are uneducated (except few) and they really don't know what the problem is and so they limiting lot of valid accounts too and saying that we are using wrong information in our account without analyzing anything. For them, they are very genuine and highly skilled and we are fools with no knowledge.

If it goes on like this, definitely we have to look over another payment gateway.

In the upcoming days it seems the condition will be very worst. Already we are facing lot of troubles with PayPal & RBI. If it continues like this, that will be the end of PayPal in INDIA.

Ragu_007, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  5. cheetu

cheetu Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi to all members,

Well I rarely speak in forums because many wise people already provide great information; and I rarely end up into a thread where feel to tell something that is not already known to the forum guys.

"Paypal alternatives in India"

This term is the most frustrating term I tend to search in Google; simply because those dumb site owners don't provide a comprehensive article on the topic (especially for a business owner.) Some of them even list e-junkie as a payment option without realizing that it's a fulfillment app, not an payment processor.

I also had paypal issue yesterday; fortunately I had alternative verified account with them (which was working) so I was not in much pain.

But We need solid alternatives; So I have decided to write a very comprehensive article on it. I have a business point of view; having a website, selling products and selling services (with an affiliate program.) So I will write the article as per that point of view.

I don't write anything scrap; so article is not coming today, not tomorrow.

I will research for 15 days to write it; you can smell the quality info I will put. Till then you can ask any questions you have; and please don't blame paypal or RBI, these things happen in a business. So prepare your self and be handy with your options.

Two Options to avoid these situations

1. (Legit) Multiple paypal accounts: these days everyone has a PAN and a bank account; in your family you must have 2-3 sets of them, open a premium account for each member and keep them handy for these situations (which saved my life this time.)

2. Now those stupid site owners don't include regnow.com in paypal alternative list; which should be on the top of the list.

Why?

It's Free, It supports selling non software products, it has a build in affiliate program, it pays you to your local bank and it's reliable. Now regnow or any other should be considered as a disaster alternative not a permanent vehicle, unless paypal goes super slum.

cheetu, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  6. serp-consultancy

serp-consultancy Peon

Best Answers:
    It seems PayPal has raised that issue intentionally because of high value of USD, GBP etc. Just a damn trick to make some more money…

serp-consultancy, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  7. nihangshah

nihangshah Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    RegNow is just an affiliate program. You can sell your software products (publishers) or promote other software products (affiliates) to make money.

How are you going get paid online or buy domains / hosting space?

nihangshah, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  8. Nick_Mayhem

Nick_Mayhem Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Now I have 1200 dollars auto withdrawal done on 15th Sep and that one says Completed in my paypal which is now blocked due to Invalid PAN issue :(

Checked my bank and money hasn't even arrived yet.

Don't know how much more they could mess it up.

Nick_Mayhem, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  9. Ragu_007

Ragu_007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can check it on Monday. Even for me it's not yet arrived due to week end.

Ragu_007, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  10. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Obviously you need to wait till Monday or Tuesday for that due to weekend holidays.

DON.

deluxdon, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  11. cheetu

cheetu Peon

Best Answers:
    With a credit card you can buy anything worldwide; the issue is not of outgoing funds, the problem is when a customer wants to buy your product and you don't have option to accept payments.

Next with any limitation you can send money by paypal; if you have an connected a credit card with it.

And Regnow also processes ebooks and audio products to list in their marketplace; this goes with saying you can sell them by generating buy now links from their CP.

cheetu, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  12. cheetu

cheetu Peon

Best Answers:
    Regnow banned creation of new accounts from India; I have an old account with them, which is still working.

cheetu, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  13. cheetu

cheetu Peon

Best Answers:
    To sell products here are the options; that still allow you to have an account.

Trialpay
    Clickbank

I will get an update with more options.

cheetu, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  14. IndiaNets

IndiaNets Active Member

Best Answers:
    These are not really "Payment gateways" as PayPal or any of the real alternatives. I believe most of us are not at all interested with these for now and we are here to discuss the issue which is frustrating us and curious to know the progress if anyone has got. And most importantly, feeling united as not only one of us is affected.

My sincere advise would be to avoid these things for now or at least keep in a separate thread if you want to add values to the community. Not at all having an intention to stop you or something, just an advise to keep up with the subject of the thread, a good practice.

IndiaNets, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  15. unna

unna Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very bad conditions...Where to go ? What to do?

I need a beer now.

unna, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  16. farhan713

farhan713 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I talked to them today, The lady who answered the call said they were aware of the issue and it was being caused due to the difference in the name on PAN card(Middle Name is present) and the Paypal Account name(Middle Name is absent). She said she has escalated it and I'll get a reply in a couple of days from them if I need to submit anything.

farhan713, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  17. COBSolutions

COBSolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nope, this is also not true, i don't have a middle name in both my PAN as well as paypal, they all are doing the guesswork as developers are on weekend, what kind of company it is, no wonder they don't want to get into banking business and i am also surprised at the work culture present in that company, a major issue like this do not even warrant the developers to reach office and take a look at things. Now i know why companies move their support services offshore to India, i only thought it was due to bottomlines, but now i see that there is more to it...

The company has locked and kept your funds with themselves for no fault of yours, but due to some technical difficulties, will they provide bank rate interest on this, NO, is that an ethical business practice, NOT AT ALL and still they talk about Six Sigma (sic!)

More about unprofessionalism:
    The limitation details says that we can withdraw money from your account, well try doing that and you will see what happens, they will initiate transfer and then reverse it keeping the conversion charges to themselves, that is professionalism.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
    COBSolutions, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  18. IndiaNets

IndiaNets Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very true, I would like to remind you here it's not just an ethical business practice but a LAW enforced by RBI. Any financial institution WILL HAVE TO pay the interest if they are holding the funds of customers for their fault (not sure but maybe added ... or some other issues, even if it's not their fault). This is the main reason why PayPal is not registered as a financial institution.

It is also applicable on the funds we keep in PayPal before withdrawal, which they never wanted to. But I see they are going a step forward and simply withdrawing all the funds before 24 hours so that the interest rule should not apply on the paypal balance, there will always be $0 at the end of the day :) quite a clever move. Now, paypal is just a "Payment Gateway" and they may register their this status with RBI completely eliminating the chances of forced financial institution registration if they hold the funds.

I am not sure how many of you, but for me the limit is only on "receive or request money". I have done a test withdrawal also which is still showing Pending.

IndiaNets, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  19. QubeSys Technologies

QubeSys Technologies Active Member

Best Answers:
    I did one withdrawal and it shows COMPLETED.

I guess, the withdrawal should be fine.

QubeSys Technologies, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  20. alexgreatcpa

alexgreatcpa Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    check you pan card status, Is it active or Valid?

alexgreatcpa, Sep 18, 2011 IP