1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Newsletter Marketing

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by DiggiL, Apr 24, 2017.

Hi everyone,

I am running a small online shop and I am thinking about to send an newsletter to my customers. What do you think is most useful for me? Are there any tool, who do the work for me?

Thanks

DiggiL, Apr 24, 2017 IP
  2. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Newsletters can be a good way to keep in touch with your customers. However, would it be cost effective? With blogs now popular, it would be more cost effective and more practical now to make a blog than to send newsletters out. Try to see which one would be much better for you, but IMO what can be done on a newsletter can be done on a blog now.

Milliardo, Apr 25, 2017 IP
  3. MichelleMaily

MichelleMaily Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi DiggiL, you can try our Newsletter tool https://de.mailify.com. You have a free trial, so you can see if it is useful for you. If you speak or understand german, you can also have a look at my article that was recently published: https://www.mr-consulting.net/2017/04/18/infografik-10-zutaten-fuer-erfolgreiches-e-mail-marketing/

If you have any questions please let me know, or email me :)

MichelleMaily, Apr 26, 2017 IP
  4. finbol

finbol Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Definitely agreed about the value of blogging for small eStores. Do you already have one?
    Newsletters can still be very effective in a way that you can't really achieve through blogging alone. In an ideal world, it would be great for your store to do both, but as Milliardo said, only if you have the time and resources to make it cost effective.

That said, they can't just be generic newsletters, the key to getting the most out of them is personalisation. The problem is, by now people are so overwhelmed by advertising of various kinds, there's a higher tendency to ignore generic emails - much like the banner blindless in display advertising. So, if you want to increase click through rates and ultimately conversions, you have to take as personal approach as possible. As for newsletter software and tools, there are rather a lot of them out there, many of which do a similar thing. Here's a comparison of some of the most popular ones (MailChimp is by far the most widely used): https://www.1and1.co.uk/digitalguid...ting/e-mail-marketing-software-by-comparison/

Anyway, it's quite a broad topic, but here are some basic areas of personalisation you should pay attention to (let me know if you need more detail):
    • Try to build your mailing list organically by offering something of value (e.g. special offers, exclusive content, etc.).
    • Personalised subject lines. Simplest way to do this is to use their name (the newsletter software can automate this for you).
    • Segmentation. Essentially, you want to tailor the content of your newsletters to specific demographics as much as possible. To do this, categorise the addresses in your mailing list according to relevant criteria to your store. This could be as simple as age and gender, or more specific like purchase history. Then you can customise the content of your newsletters to be more personal to the recipient. (Again, you can automate this using the software).
    • Trigger emails. This can include things like automating emails for birthdays and public holidays, but also retargeting. So for example if someone purchases a certain product, you can automate a newsletter informing that person of similar products. Or if someone adds a product to their basket, but doesn't convert, you can send an email incentivising them to reconsider.
    Hope that helps!

finbol, Apr 27, 2017 IP
  5. meanands

meanands Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi DiggiL, Yes newsletter really works! Personalised emails work better than broadcasting. Also, you should automate it. It's hard for you to manually send emails to your customers daily. I would suggest Mailchimp. Recently, they have made their automation tool free.
    Also, web push notification is a new technology that works better than emails. Because, it reaches on your customers desktop/mobile device, even if they have closed their browser. You can try Engagespot (https://engagespot.co) that allows you to setup web push automation on your online store.
    PS: I work at Engagespot. If you have any questions, you can message me.

meanands, May 6, 2017 IP
  6. jamilWinkelbaum

jamilWinkelbaum Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest checking out MailChimp they allow you to send up to 10000 emails per month free if I remember correctly. They also have tools that help with creating newsletters

jamilWinkelbaum, May 8, 2017 IP