1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Newsletter...is it important in a big company?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Steven1989, Apr 8, 2015.

Hi people! :)

in this days I'm studying newsletters, because I think it's very important for the relationship with your customers...
    but in my country I can see that: small company/blog spend a lot of energy in newsletter, they really want to provide value for their customers... that's not true for big companies: they have the written "newsletter "" in a secondary position, they often don't provide a reason why I should sign up...
    is it normal? what do you think? thank you so much :D

Steven1989, Apr 8, 2015 IP
  2. Franklin Hatchett

Franklin Hatchett Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I'm assuming big companies don't put in as much effort as the smaller guys. A bigger company is usually just trying to make a sale with Its newsletter. Someone smaller is trying to build a list.

Franklin Hatchett, Apr 11, 2015 IP
  3. Steven1989

Steven1989 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yeah, that's correct.
    But what do you think about providing value to your contacts, and not only trying the sale,even for a medium-big company? if you've more contacts, you'll have more sales (if your email marketing is ok)

For example, they could send articles that are interesting to people in their target (ex: if you're selling clothes, you could send articles on the current fashion, style tips,ecc)

Steven1989, Apr 11, 2015 IP
  4. EverestOnlineMarketing

EverestOnlineMarketing Active Member

Best Answers:
    Regardless of the size of the business, newsletters will always be important. These are crucial not only for establishing relationships with customers, but also for growing/strengthening them. Newsletters are one way businesses can stay in touch and communicate with customers regularly. These also allow an opportunity for the company to establish itself as an authority or leader in their field.

Having said that, some big businesses may not prioritize newsletters the way smaller ones do (like Franklin said). Small businesses may find newsletters more necessary, since there is a need to build and grow a customer network.

EverestOnlineMarketing, Apr 13, 2015 IP