1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Newly Purchased Server questions

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by interserver, Feb 14, 2012.

2 hours a go, I purchased a server from ebay. The server is brand new it is a Dell PowerEdge 2850, DUAL (2) Intel Xeon 3.2GHz 800MHz 1MB Cache with 4GB of Ram and dual power with 6 x 73GB U320 15K SCSI Hard Drives. Now I have a few questions that I would like to ask you guys and hopefully you can help me out.

Would this server support a better Processor such as an Intel I7, i5 or anything better than the Intel Xeon that comes with it? if so, could you refer to me a better processor that this server could support. My second question is, what is the limit of hard Drive space and ram that I can install on this server?

Thanks in advance for your support,
    David.

interserver, Feb 14, 2012 IP
  2. BigTim3

BigTim3 Guest

Best Answers:
    Depends on socket type on the motherboard. and other question depends on motherboard specs.

BigTim3, Feb 15, 2012 IP
  3. kingwinbond

kingwinbond Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello ,

You may contact dell support online . HDD space will be supported upto 300 Gb and RAM upto 16 GB .

kingwinbond, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  4. interserver

interserver Peon

Best Answers:
    That's what I thought, thanks a lot.

interserver, Feb 17, 2012 IP