1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Newly developed social network - UNIQUE CONCEPT - Great Potential

Discussion in 'Sites' started by flexcarrera, Jun 5, 2013.

Greetings, thank you for checking out this sale.

** MyFancie - Website Demo **

Please note: This is a NEW development, in no way has it been marketed or released to the public. Please assume no traffic or revenue. Up until recently, the development had remained idle and unbranded on my work server for some time. The domain is NOT included in the sale.

Auction Highlights
    • 100% Custom Developed Framework
    • Unique Concept (Aimed at a HUGE teenage audience)
    • Plenty of features already implemented
    • Next-to-no competition
    • Multiple monetization methods
    • Viral concept
    • Strong social framework to build on, ideal for users looking to start a social network.
    • Highly Scalable
    • Spend approximately $1200 on development costs to date

Website Features:
    There's a ton of features implemented into the website, I'm unable to list them all but to name a few..
    • Custom created using PHP5, HTML and JQuery coupled with a MySQL database. Substantial work was put into security & scalability.
    • Complete back end admin area - Manage pages, users, support tickets, news announcements, etc.
    • Built-in support ticket system - Accessible via user Dashboard and admin system.
    • Notification system - Users are notified onsite, as well as via Email when their action is required.
    • Messaging system - Accessible via user Dashboard.
    • Anonymous Q&A - Allowing users communicate confidently with their crush.
    • Filters & Security - Filters in place to help prevent and combat spam.
    • Reporting System - Users are capable of reporting other members should they see fit.

An Overview
    MyFancie was developed with the aim of targeting the teenage audience throughout the world. It's no secret that today's modern teen is obsessed with how they are perceived, their popularity and who their crushes are. Up until now, it's being left to basic Facebook apps (Many of which are now discontinued and banned by Facebook) and so called "Crush quizzes" to provide users throughout the world an insight to who their secret admirers may be.
    I wanted to provide inquisitive users a fun new way to discover who their 'secret admirers' were, MyFancie was born.

The Concept
    The concept is fairly straight forward, it basically works like this..
    • Register - Users register via the built-in sign up form or by using the Facebook API.
    • Search - Once registered, users are encouraged to search for their 'crush' via the search form. If they are unable to locate their crush, they are given the opportunity to anonymously invite them to the website.
    • Request - Once a crush is located, users are able to send an 'anonymous request' to their crush and are required to answer a series of questions such as "How long have you known your crush?".
    • Discover - The request and answered questions are then forwarded to the targeted user. If they are happy with the answers provided, they can accept the request and begin questioning their secret admirer in order to try and reveal their identity.
    Secret admirers are required to respond to questions forwarded to them, they also have the ability to reveal their identity at any stage.

Note: I had planned to include a feature that will allow users to guess their secret admirers name, this currently isn't implemented but something to consider.

Potential
    MyFancie has huge potential to be the next big thing. Inquisitive teenagers thrive on services that provide them with a unique insight into there life.

For example:
    A recent sale on Flippa of Spillit.me, a viral website which become extremely successful with teens around the world.
    - Originally purchased for $1400 shortly after development.
    - Sold for $75,000 12 months on with very little effort.

Source: Spillit Auction

MyFancie provides a service that is very much in demand!

Anonymity
    Confidence is a known problem amongst not just teens, but individuals throughout the world. MyFancie provides a safe environment for users to engage their crush and communicate with confidence.

Safety & Security
    Unfortunately with anonymous services, you are bound to attract trolls and nuisance users. MyFancie has built in filters to help combat and prevent spam. In addition to this, users can report users very easily at any given stage.

Monetization
    There's multiple ways to generate revenue through MyFancie, for example;
    - Advertising (Adsense, private advertising contracts)
    - Digital Products (Digital roses, bouquet of flowers, etc, that can be added to user profiles.)

MyFancie currently has Adsense adverts placed throughout the website, mainly for demonstration purposes. In addition to advertising revenue, another idea I had planned to monetize was the sale of digital items in the form of a rose, bouquet of flowers or various other items - fantastic for valentines day and such events.

Why Are You Selling The Website?
    I spend most of my time internet marketing, it provides me with a stable and enjoyable income. As previously mentioned the development itself has remained idle and unbranded on my work server for quite some time, largely due to my other priorities. It's wasted in it's current state, that said I've spent the last week or so branding the concept in the hope it's potential can be seen and a new buyer can bring it to market.

Is Further Development Required?
    That's entirely up to the new owner. In it's current state it's absolutely ready to launch, it's 100% stable and secure with no random errors. That said, additional features would compliment the service nicely.

What's Included In The Sale?

• 100% Unencrypted source files
    • Graphics, database and associated files
    • Complete setup & Installation
    • Unlimited aftercare support
    • If required, I'm very happy to sign a non-compete agreement.

Closing Comments
    I'm very happy to answer your questions, I'm sure there is plenty I have missed. I'm also open to all reasonable BIN offers. Get in-touch!

Thank you for looking.

flexcarrera, Jun 5, 2013 IP
  2. mart3000

mart3000 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Looks very nice wel done!

mart3000, Jul 16, 2013 IP
  3. mattseo