1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Newbie ?

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by ROAR, Mar 26, 2005.

(I dont currently do any PPC). I just checked the top 3 bids at Overture for a term and they were $8.33 then $3.31 then $3.30.

Why would there be such a discrepancy between the 1st bid and later ones?

Did the 1st person try to inflate the bids? Make a horrible mistake?

ROAR, Mar 26, 2005 IP
  2. hopkinted

hopkinted Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks like a "bid gap" has emerged on you keyword. Most likely what is happening is the person in the #1 position has set their max bid at $8.33 (or higher), and the person in position #2 set their max bid at $8.32. If this happens the system will set the bid for the #1 position $.01 higher than the #2 position. The system will also set the #2 bid $.01 higher than the #3 position. In this case the max bid for the #3 slot is $3.30. So, the system will set the #2 bid at $3.31.

I'm probably making this sound more confusing than it really is. Here is a link to an article I came across that explains it better.

http://www.pay-per-click-advertising-guide.com/articles/article/1743997/21486.htm

hopkinted, Mar 27, 2005 IP
  3. ROAR

ROAR Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the article hopkinted.

ROAR, Mar 27, 2005 IP
  4. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nice article, thanks

GeorgeB., Mar 27, 2005 IP