1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

newbie wondering how well I am doing

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by neite, Dec 29, 2004.

hey all,

I am new to the forum and to the whole adwords thing but I have been reading your posts and I have to say you all seem like nice people ready to help when you can. That is a very rare thing to find so I figure this is the place to ask some questions.

Recently I bought the google cash ebook and put it to use right away with some clickbank links and although I was a little freaked out at the first results the next day I got some sales and realized there is alot of money to be made and have been doing progressively better.

My question is what kind of ratio would you guys consider good?

I have spent about $210 and made $750 so I am well into profit but I am wondering how good it gets. I realize that there is probably a limit to what people make and I am trying to gauge my success (if that makes sense)

Anyway any advice whether it pertains to this or not would be greatly appreciated as I am always ready to learn and welcome it with humilty as I am very new at this.

I thank all that reply in advance, :)

Joe

neite, Dec 29, 2004 IP
  2. l234244

l234244 Peon

Best Answers:
    Welcome to the forum neite. As long as your making more than your spending then you are doing well.

l234244, Dec 30, 2004 IP
  3. a3196

a3196 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you are doing great!!
    I tried adword once,,,,and came out with little result and I'm out of that,,,,,
    So IMHO you are doing great...

a3196, Dec 30, 2004 IP
  4. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, good job so far...

Next, you should try doubling the investment and multiplying the output by 3 :)

Great start...
    I've been looking at adwords recently... I must give it a go soon...

SEbasic, Dec 30, 2004 IP
  5. barrow

barrow Peon

Best Answers:
    You don't need to worry at all neite, those are great numbers. It's real easy to get carried away with PPC and end up losing money, you're making double what you're spending. Keep doing what you're doing, and take it up a notch!

barrow, Dec 30, 2004 IP
  6. neite

neite Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the support I greatly appreciate it.

I plan on making the investment bigger but multiplying it by 3 might take a while SEbasic but at least your gicing me something to shoot for.

I have another question.

Out of all the other pay per clicks besides google which is the next best. I mean which one should I try to expand into next. I here overture is good but I would like a second opinion on that one.

Thanks guys,

Joe

neite, Dec 30, 2004 IP
  7. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    As I mentioned, PPC is something I haven't played with yet (From an advertiser POV)...

But yeah, I would look at Mirago and Overture...
    Mirago is UK based - OV is worldwide... :)

SEbasic, Dec 31, 2004 IP
  8. KenMendonca

KenMendonca Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey neite,

That is great! Overture is definitely the place to go next. A couple of differences exist from Google however.

Overture requires you to link to your own site, no ads with just tracking links like Google. Although I'm not sure how good they are at monitoring this.

Overture's bidding structure is also vastly different from Google. In Overture, you see the top 5 bids for a particular keyword so you know what it will take to move your ad up in the rankings.

Hope that helps some, keep up the good work.

KenMendonca, Jan 12, 2005 IP
  9. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Traffic wise, Overture is next indeed. But it can get real expensive real fast. You have to be harsh on your own ads. Kill them if they don't work. Easy to blow a grand on Overture!

T0PS3O, Jan 12, 2005 IP
  10. KenMendonca

KenMendonca Peon

Best Answers:
    Very true. They require at least .10 per click so watch that CPC closely.

But the range on search terms makes it worth your while to do some research on the lesser bid on words that will still generate traffic

KenMendonca, Jan 12, 2005 IP
  11. roadies

roadies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    neite, you're doing great. I'm a n00b to the forums too, but not to adwords. Keep those click-thru ratios up and you'll keep ahead of the game.

If you're looking for other PPC companies, I'd try Findwhat or SuperPages.com-- SuperPages is heavily promoted by Verizon, and Findwhat is probably the third best player after google and overture.

roadies, Jan 16, 2005 IP
  12. joshril

joshril Guest

Best Answers:
    I just signed up for Adwords. I have seen several different posts on this, but what are the pros/cons of Adwords and Overture. Thanks....

joshril, Mar 2, 2005 IP
  13. joshril

joshril Guest

Best Answers:
    ...didn't mean to be rude... congrats on making the great profits... I wish I was turning over that kind of profit!!

joshril, Mar 2, 2005 IP