1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Newbie to Email Marketing. Need Help!!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by araz, Nov 1, 2013.

hey everyone
    so im looking to add email marketing as a service for my marketing company. I think it would be a huge asset because i have access to multiple email lists that i can market too and also i can help other small business.
    so what i want to know it where to start. if you are an expert, i wanna hear from you

what email sending service do you use?
    how do you analyse you campaigns?
    how do you build a relationship with your email list?

i have many other questions which i will ask as the thread gets more replies
    any tips and tricks, advice, warnings please share!

thankssss

araz, Nov 1, 2013 IP
  2. johan888

johan888 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't use get response nor aweber because they're expensive but yep they have a very cool service.. I have my own company that I think is at least equal with those companies in the quality.

I build the trust simply by giving what they're looking for , first impression will determine your future business with them.

don't just sell products, nor just don't be afraid to sell them sometihng as your recommendation.. Simply ask them to reply your email and you can test the water, you will know how and what they feel and think about you...

As simple as that..

johan888, Nov 3, 2013 IP
  3. araz

araz Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for your reply johan888
    do you mind sharing a bit more about your company, maybe i can use them for my business. you can pm me the details if you don't want to share them publicly

majority of my list will be coming from an eCommerce site so they will be receiving discounts and offers through email and as soon as i feel like i have a relationship with the list i can start pitching them other products

i would love to gain more knowledge for you, maybe i can add you on skype and we can talk in depth

thanks

araz, Nov 4, 2013 IP
  4. beninbro

beninbro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are two email solutions that I use. And they are both one-off desktop programs - Atomic Sender and SendBlaster. They are both super solid. Prior to using those I used Aweber. But quite frankly that $19/month was adding up. Amazingly, I'm doing better now with the desktop software than I ever did using a hosted service.

So what that tells me is that when it comes to email marketing consistency and solidly written emails matter tremendously. Another thing that matters is tracking what you do...i.e. How many mails you sent, how many people opened them, how many recipients responded and how many bought. As far as what to avoid, I'd say don't use deceptive subject lines. #1 that violates CANSPAM and can get you flagged. #2 once your recipient opens your message and learns that they've been duped they'll never open another email from you - that's if they don't unsubscribe.

beninbro, Nov 4, 2013 IP
  5. mrgadget

mrgadget Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Dear, I use Aweber and Getresponse for my Email Marketing. Not sure my strategy would work for a marketing company as you know, I mainly worked on my websites/blog. However, I can give you some advices as follow:
    1. In order to cut down the price, you should regularly screening your subs/unsub and remove ALL unsub/undeliverable (the more people you have in your email list, the more you have to pay, no matter who they are sub/unsub, please remember)
    2. Build relationship with your sub (by providing value ALWAYS, via Free high-quality articles, videos, tips, information, products (if applausible)), don't try to sell anything to them at the beginning. If you build your list via solo ads or Pay per click (that's quite expensive), I, on the other hand, will advise you to drive them to your sale funnel right after they subscribe (in which, you will promote CPA or your own product/affiliate product, with good quality) to return some of your budget.
    3. Just send a broadcast (email) to your subscribers when you really have something important/valuable to give them.
    4. Periodically hold a webinar or interview with other people/company successful in your niche (it's a good way to diversify your value you can provide your followers)
    Good luck!

mrgadget, Nov 4, 2013 IP
  6. bumblogger

bumblogger Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello - The one autoresponder most commonly preferred is aWeber - it is very easy to use.
    Email Marketing is one of the most important methods of list building.

How are you going to tap on the vast access of email lists that you have now in your hands?
    Do you use a Landing Page to capture these lists?

Email Marketing is very effective to provide content of Value to your list. When you have a good list captured, it does take time to nurture a relationship with your list before you can move a level up to actually do business with your list.

bumblogger, Nov 5, 2013 IP
  7. tac88

tac88 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well,number 1 Fist and Foremost...
    You do not want to buy or use anyone's email list .PERIOD.
    What makes email marketing so profitable is the fact that you build your list and
    then a relationship with your subscribers =conversions =interest/open rate...

What I like to do is try to base my emails like soap-operas and leave them with a cliffhanger
    so they can't wait for your next email.
    You have to give value constantly before you try to sell.
    As far as email providers

AWeber is the top dog but as your list gets bigger it gets to be pretty expensive,but worth every cent.
    I have tried them all and found aweber undistributed to be the best ...

Best of luck

tac88, Nov 5, 2013 IP
  8. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I used the free wordpress autoresponder and it was quite okay. I will try out listwire and if it has better usability I will be happy. Won't worry about the ads though, my main motivation is to get people interested and responsive in my topic of interest and if the mail is well written the reader usually responds to the call to action and won't even get to the ads.

I find aweber and getresponse really expensive for a startup list like mine and I am on the lookout for more free services like these. Would appreciate more suggestions from anyone here.

WebBuddy, Nov 5, 2013 IP
  9. cpv4ever

cpv4ever Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I use two different email marketing services - MailChimp and Emailserving.com

MailChimp have nice templates to use and easy to get around. Their autoresponders work great as well.

Emailserving.com offers unlimited list building and sending as long as you double opt - in which is ok with me since I get better results anyways. Only negative thing I have is that their default templates are really plain.

So my suggestion is if you're looking to build a big list, send a lot of emails out, and work well with HTML codes, then give Emailserving a try, but if you're looking for something that is made for you, then MailChimp is good.

They're both free :)

In regards to analyzing your results, they both have a good reporting feature with accurate data. You can save the whole report or choose the options you want to save (e.g. opened, clicked, etc.)

Lastly, to build a relationship with your list, you need to gain their trust. Avoid sending them spam emails and do not send emails too frequently. As a user myself, I would hate receiving tones of emails in a day from the same company. Keep them in the loop by sending them eye - capturing offers to have them open it. Remember, your email is useless if they don't even open it.

Hope that helps, best of luck.

cpv4ever, Nov 5, 2013 IP
  10. araz

araz Active Member

Best Answers:
    great advice from everyone
    one thing i like about this forum is the amount of people willing to help you go in the right direction

so the lists that i am currently getting are from pre-existing eCommerce site, as a new marketing company we are offering email marketing contracts where we send out newsletters, deals, and coupons related to our clients site. Our main focus is to bring people back to purchase from that site and as the interactions grow, we will start suggesting other products to the email list if our clients agree.

so far i have got 4 email senders suggested
    -Awebber
    -Listwire (free)
    -MailChimp (free)
    -EmailServing.com (free)

would free be a good option as a new start up company?

my next question is building a relationship, how do you get your list to open your emails and be willing to reply. Do you use strategic catch phrases as the title?

as @tac88 mentioned
    "What I like to do is try to base my emails like soap-operas and leave them with a cliffhanger"
    would that work for any email list? how do you know what to send to the right list.
    i feel that if the list is coming from a personal blog then strategies like that would be profitable but what about for an eCommerce list?
    Please correct me if i am wrong.

feel free to pm with any other information or resources

thanks again

araz, Nov 5, 2013 IP
  11. gamcoder

gamcoder Peon

Best Answers:
    your list is your "bank". I wouldn't give it to some free services. Don't save money on autoresponder company.

Maybe GetResponse or aWeber - they have history and won't dissapear next week or month

gamcoder, Nov 6, 2013 IP