1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

newbie questions

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by sharpweb, Aug 10, 2005.

1. dpak

dpak Peon

Best Answers:
    But the problem is that the Google adsense spider won't be able to get to those locked pages, and therefore won't know the content and so the ads which will be displayed will be public service or not relevant. I think it's pointless to have non-relevant ads, because you won't get many (if any) clicks.

You'd be better off putting affiliate ads (like amazon) on the password protected pages, because you can control the relevancy of those ads.

dpak, Aug 16, 2005 IP
  2. sharpweb

sharpweb Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the tips. I'll probably end up testing some adsense on both the public and user pages. dpak, I like your idea of affiliate ads in the user area.

I may experiment with creating a login id for google to access those pages.

ie. as long as ?id=193234 in the address bar, then the user won't get bounced back..then the google bot will be able to make it to all the user pages. Is this a reasonable idea?

sharpweb, Aug 16, 2005 IP