1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Newbie Question On Dynamic Keyword

Discussion in 'Bing Ads' started by jiffy_man, May 10, 2009.

Hi,

If i was bidding on keywords, say car models, and i was bidding on "Honda Accord" as a keyword, and someone searches for "2001 Honda Accord" and this exceeds the character limit, would my ad be showing "Honda Accord" or use the default?

What if someone searches for "98 honda accord" and this does not exceed the character limit, would my ad show only "Honda Accord" or "98 Honda Accord"?

My point is, regardless what they search, i only want to show only the car model, and nothing else.

Thanks in advance

jiffy_man, May 10, 2009 IP
  2. Brian_adCenter

Brian_adCenter Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi Jiffy_Man,

You can use the keyword default text to correct this. The way this works is the {keyword:default} will display as it should, unless it exceeds the charater limits. If it does exceed, you can use the {keyword:default} and it will print what you specify as the text.

Example:
    Search Term: 2008 Honda Accord
    Ad Title: Looking for {keyword:Honda Accord}
    Actual Display: Looking for Honda Accord​

You can define defaults for all types of dynamic text: {keyword:default}, {param1:default}, {param2:default}, and {param3:default}. The default text is used in your ad whenever the ad would otherwise exceed character limits.

Thank you,

Brian H - MSFT

Brian_adCenter, May 11, 2009 IP
  3. vlm

vlm Member

Best Answers:
    i guess he already suggested!!!

vlm, Jun 29, 2009 IP