1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Newbie: Please review my relationship/dating products site.

Discussion in 'Websites' started by howsyamama, Oct 31, 2009.

Hi All...

I'm a relatively newbie and have been working hard to get my first "real" site up.

I would love any critique, suggestions, comments, etc.

http://RelationshipProductGuide.com

I am essentially using Chris Rempel's "Conduit" approach, for those who know about it.

I did some very minor testing with Adwords and got some traffic, and some hops, but no sales. But again, VERY small. Mabye 70 clicks total.

I am promoting now through article marketing, lots of relevant blog posting, trying a 1-way link-building service and considering purchasing a few high-quality links.

I believe for this category, organic traffic will be much more valuable (and cost-effective) than PPC. But again, if I'm wrong, please let me know.

HERE IS MY BIGGEST PROBLEM (probably the one most newbies have). Keywords.

I have had a very difficult time finding quality long-tail keywords. Of course, for a site like this with organic traffic, the product names themselves are strong keywords. But I've been struggling for others. Again, any thoughts or advice here would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks in advance. I've invested a lot of time and a fair amount of $$ in attempting to do this right. So I would really appreciate some support and guidance from some of the more experienced members here.

Hopefully sometime soon I can be the one helping newbies. :)

Howsyamama

howsyamama, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  2. SaleMaster

SaleMaster Peon

Best Answers:
    The design isn't catchy at all. The site looks like drawn in Paint. Try less text and more graphics.

SaleMaster, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  3. jasonvan

jasonvan Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. Text is important for the search engines, but images are important to visitors. You need some big, catchy pictures.

Just wondering: will you trying to be optimizing your site for "Relationship Product Guide" or How to get your ex back"?

You seem to be saying "Relationship Product Guide" a lot, but I can't imagine this keyword phrase gets a lot of searches. I would stick with keywords that get lots of searches.

jasonvan, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  4. DartLady

DartLady Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, from a female perspective, the first thought is "Ho Hum." It's not very interesting - graphics, colors or text.

Text: Your text uses a logic approach and doesn't appeal to the emotions at all. If you don't dig into the pain of loss, separation, breaking up, etc., and then offer solutions, you lose. Logic and romance (relationships) just don't go together. Anyone in a rocky relationship is in an emotional state: they hurt. You have to turn the knife a little; open the wound and pour a little salt on it, and THEN you offer solutions. Make the pain real enough and they will buy everything you have!

Have a section for men and another one for women, and appeal to them separately. As you know, men and women think, talk and act differently - so USE that to appeal. Again; add to the pain, then solve the problem with your magic potions. (books)

The links on the left are all the same color - try making them different colors. Perhaps black or brown for men and a softer blue or rose (NOT pink) for women?

Also, what age group are you trying to target? That will also determine your language and focus. Young: 17-30, older: 30-50,and even older: 60-90 each have different relationship issues, and even languages. You could also add an age category. (Youth, Adults, Seniors - or some such).

If you break the site into smaller segments, appealing to male/female and to age (for each gender), you could have a really dynamic site!

DartLady, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  5. [/root.]

[/root.] Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should really think about the left menu. Looks really annoying.

[/root.], Oct 31, 2009 IP
  6. howsyamama

howsyamama Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks all. Great comments and suggestions, much of which I'm going to look at seriously. If anyone else has any suggestions, I'm all ears. Really appreciated!

howsyamama, Oct 31, 2009 IP