1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Newbie/Novice Question

Discussion in 'Bing' started by wordtamer, Mar 11, 2005.

Background info: My site (www.whimsandwire.com) is complete (via Bizhosting) and running, ready to accept customers, etc. I went to the MSNSearch site and submitted the URL. Now, what do I expect? Do you have to wait for an e-mail and submit data feed like Froogle? Do you just keep sending the URL in and checking periodically to see if it comes up when you search? Many thanks in advance! :eek:

wordtamer, Mar 11, 2005 IP
  2. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    MSN will find you automatically. All you need is links to your site. All the SE's follow links and thats how they index pages/sites.

I doubt the submission even does anything but it doesn't hurt to use it once.

As a good gesture:

www.whimsandwire.com

That should get you indexed fairly quickly.

yfs1, Mar 11, 2005 IP
  3. wordtamer

wordtamer Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks you! I know of no one who could "link me;" and if it helps, I'll take it.

4. yfs1

Best Answers:
    You can start here to find out more....The possibilities for links are endless ;)

Links for Newbies

yfs1, Mar 11, 2005 IP
  5. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    yfs1 - you beat me to it. Great gesture! Wordtamer, now its a game of patience and hard work. Register yourself with the coop if you haven't already done so ... use yfs1 signature link to register. Also spend as much time as you can afford on these forums as you will get much insight, help, tips and meet some fabulous people.
    cheers
    Frank

LaCabra, Mar 11, 2005 IP
  6. wordtamer

wordtamer Guest

Best Answers:
    I've reviewed the site and am interested. Is there any way to see some of the current businesses that participate to get an idea of how the ads look, whether banner, text, etc.? TY!

7. wordtamer

wordtamer Guest

Best Answers:
    Also, all of my product pages look like this:

whimsandwire.com/lavender_topaz_crystal_necklace.html

Is the html a problem? Again, I'm reeeeally stupid about all of this.

wt

8. yfs1

Best Answers:
    yfs1, Mar 11, 2005 IP
  9. sadcox66

sadcox66 Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Like yfs1 I am using only text links at the bottom of
    oscommerce hosting

However if you use only html pages in http://www.whimsandwire.com/index.html then name sure your host support shtml or php and turn on the appropiate .htaccess file

Another thing is the coop will not help you intially because your not ranked in google and will not have any weight to start out with but once you get spidered and ranked the coop will help you move up the ranks so you have some time to play with the coop and set everything up.

While your at it why not install pphlogger for web statistics and it will automatically email you when you get 100 unique visitors so you do not need check to see if people are visiting your site. Be patient...

sadcox66, Mar 11, 2005 IP
  10. sadcox66

sadcox66 Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Not a problem - just make sure you read through the coop instructions and pick the appropiate code for your situation - there are three options.

You have enough time to experiment before the coop weight kicks in so try it out.

by adding to your .htaccess at your document root
    the following line
    AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .htm .html

Then if you have a common footer put these lines
    <?php
    ini_set ("include_path", ini_get ("include_path") . ':../:../../:../../../:../../../../');
    include ('ad_network_123.php');
    echo $ad_network[0];
    ?>
    Note the ad_network_123.php is made up you need to use the code generated in your account.

Usually your hosting package will have php so the above will work for you.

sadcox66, Mar 11, 2005 IP
  11. wordtamer

wordtamer Guest

Best Answers:
    (Laughing) Okay, you've really lost me now. :-> However, I've printed this off and have added it to my list of things to do. I'm still trying to figure out the whole data feed process for Froogle! Thanks again for the info. I'm definitely getting my education and greatly appreciate everyone's help.

wt

12. wordtamer

wordtamer Guest

Best Answers:
    My site is through Bizhosting; and I used their templates, etc., (I don't know html at all) which are not PHP compatible (dazzlin had helped me with another question and I discovered this). I noted that a lot of what's out there to help with the SEOs is PHP based. Am I hosed? I was in Google briefly for one day but haven't been there since. I am on Yahoo. Thx for the help/info.
    wt

wordtamer, Apr 7, 2005 IP