1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Newbie looking for some direction...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Turborocket, Aug 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hello all... great site. I am new and really want to make some sort of domaining and affiliate marketing work for me. I feel lucky to have found this forum, and am trying to absorb as much as I can.

My question is... is there a book, or any one thread, or one FAQ, that can help a newbie? I am not a developer. I feel like I have the concepts of how to start this new venture of mine, but I am still missing the critical nuts and bolts to start.

For reference, I have about 40 domain names now. I bought them over the last year or two, thinking that they would be built into a real site, supporting a real business. However, now that I stumbled onto domaining and affiliate marketing, I may use this business model instead for some of the domains.

So, I have some domain names to get started with (I will acquire others as I progress). I know I need to get a host, with possibly a reseller's account - no problem there... I can figure that part out.

What do I need to build out the web sites? Are there templates I can buy? I need more of a WYSIWYG tool. I will learn to code over time, but am too anxious to get started and I won't have the patience to learn a few languages before I start. I have a business partner who is a developer by trade (actually, he and I already own a members-only web site dedicated to generating real estate leads), but I want to do this on my own and only use him for help when needed. I don't want to burden him with this. Plus, he is more of a business application and .net guy anyways.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Turborocket, Aug 29, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.