1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Newbie Looking for A Lot of Help!

Discussion in 'Websites' started by dborreson, Oct 11, 2011.

Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to this whole game, but I was hoping I could get a little help. This is the first website I've ever created and I've been at it for a couple months now...

www.customerserviceelite.com

I'm concentrating right now on just getting good content on the site and getting as much traffic as I can. The site is designed to help retail customer service agents become better at what they do.

Any and all ideas, suggestions, criticisms, critiques, review, and tips would be extremely helpful! Thanks so much to everyone!

-David Borreson

dborreson, Oct 11, 2011 IP
  2. Pradosh

Pradosh Peon

Best Answers:
    If you new to wordpress or blogging there a lot you need to learn in designing.
    I am also a average designer. I have average designed blog at www.bitingsoft.com.

> I'll advice try to copy design from other blogs to. Dont go for 100% xerox, take there look and design yours.
    > Looks like you are not using featured image option from wordpress, use it.
    > display only exerta of post on home page.
    > Your blog have not a single image beside logo and post. At least add RSS, Twitter ond facebook.

For now this much is enough.

Pradosh, Oct 11, 2011 IP
  3. dborreson

dborreson Peon

Best Answers:
    Awesome ideas! Thanks so much for the valuable feedback! I've already been able to apply some of the things you suggested. It's a work in progress!

Thanks again!

dborreson, Oct 11, 2011 IP
  4. Pradosh

Pradosh Peon

Best Answers:
    good! Keep up

Pradosh, Oct 11, 2011 IP
  5. myadbox

myadbox Member

Best Answers:
    I wrote about some really good ways to make your customers feel welcome when they walk into your store

myadbox, Oct 11, 2011 IP
  6. jewel3000

jewel3000 Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks pretty good. The main things for me:

-- Use an image in every blog post to make the each look more appealing. I only see a photo in your top blog post. The other 2 posts would benefit from the same love 'n care.

-- You side bar is too plain looking. It has no color, no images, nothing interesting to the eye. The sidebar therefore kinds of "disappears" from the mind.

-- It's a good thing your URL is fairly descriptive and kind of tells what your site is about. It would be nice to add a tagline under your site title that gives even more of a description about what your site covers.

Best of luck. It's looking like you're off to a nice start!

jewel3000, Oct 12, 2011 IP
  7. RunningRunners

RunningRunners Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you need something in the left column. It looks lacking. I might think about more vibrant colors would make it pop. Also just keep plugging away adding more unique content and getting backlinks. It takes time an effort.

RunningRunners, Oct 12, 2011 IP
  8. dborreson

dborreson Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the tips guys! I really appreciate it.

Would you recommend that I move the side bar to the left side? Or should I add another side bar to the left side? Still working through it...

Again, thanks everyone for your input!

dborreson, Oct 17, 2011 IP
  9. gold25

gold25 Peon

Best Answers:
    only one post/month??? very low in the terms of content.

gold25, Oct 17, 2011 IP
  10. bambams

bambams Peon

Best Answers:
    would be nice if the header background color not white, maybe transparant, blended with body background...

bambams, Oct 18, 2011 IP
  11. Swanton84

Swanton84 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I been into Niche Marketing online for 5 years and counting.

My strategy is to build many niche wordpress sites on various profitable niches and earn passive income online.

A good site to order premium niche wordpress websites is www.howtobuildawordpresswebsite.org.

Swanton84, Oct 18, 2011 IP
  12. zzz92

zzz92 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i just review your site. overall i would say nice website.the is plain and simple which good by the way. but there is uncategarized post , you should categorize it that is good for seo purpose. about the tab you only have home tab. why don't you put a sequence tab since you have a sequence article like part 1, part 2..etc. if looking for good content for your website don't forget also to find good content for your traffic means use the good content and submit it to articles directories or use it for creating web 2.0.

zzz92, Oct 19, 2011 IP
  13. FokeBox

FokeBox Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well done! Nice work! I like this website! I wish you good lucjk and more visits!

FokeBox, Oct 19, 2011 IP
  14. hassan001

hassan001 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well Mate... I am sorry I am not such an expert or geek but near to me you should follow these steps

Site Design Needs Improvement.... I suggest u choose on of some cool free wordpress themes here http://www.premiumwptheme.net/
    Try to keep the size of image same in every post....
    Also use Read More Option for every post to cut down the size on main page.....
    Use Real World Graphics (Dont use cartoons etc Optional) ;)
    Buy some PLR Articles and Rewrite them and post (Will take 15-20 Minutes on each article :) )
    To Get More Traffic You Need Twitter and an Old Post Plugin (Available for Free)

I hope this helps :)

Regards!
    Hassan

hassan001, Oct 19, 2011 IP
  15. SouthAmericaDotTravel

SouthAmericaDotTravel Peon

Best Answers:
    An interesting site. The layout and colors are plain. Spice it up with a custom theme, brighter colors, more graphics, a sharper logo. The sidebar is also plain-looking, and not enticing to read or click. Change the link color to a brighter color. Add thumbnail images. Also, consider upselling or adding benefit to readers by offering products like e-books for sale or free downloads. Consider adding a forum so that customer service folks can ask and answer each other's questions.

SouthAmericaDotTravel, Oct 19, 2011 IP
  16. kyle44

kyle44 Member

Best Answers:
    Looks good, its clean and simple. I like it

kyle44, Oct 19, 2011 IP
  17. dborreson

dborreson Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you all for your valuable advice!

I have implemented many things into my site and made a few changes. I've added buttons beside the "Home" button; some of which are affiliate products.

Is this a good way to promote my affiliate products without coming off too "salesy"? I want to make sure readers aren't turned away from my site because they just think I'm trying to sell them something. But, I want them to at least know the products are there!

Again, thanks to everyone for your input. I'm super new at this and don't have a lot of time to work on it. Any additional help is appreciated!!

dborreson, Oct 25, 2011 IP
  18. intikan

intikan Peon

Best Answers:
    I know this template , nice wordpress template good choose friend. Maybe you can change your banner .

intikan, Nov 5, 2011 IP
  19. king.sidharth

king.sidharth Peon

Best Answers:
    Decent typography, which is rare. But just turn the texture in the background low.
    It's very distracting. Try subtlepatterns.com

king.sidharth, Nov 7, 2011 IP