1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

newbie in need of help

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by flyingkiwi, Mar 11, 2005.

Hi,

i have recently set up my first site: http://www.algarverentalapartments.com and tried to follow some seo guidelines from what i'd seen, i have been picked up by yahoo (its been up about 4 weeks) but not by any others. I tried to submit to zeal.com but they refused my listing and told me to go to: http://listings.looksmart.com/?chan=zealgd which looks like a pay per click option. Does anyone know if there is anything else i need to do to get into major search engines (lycos, msn etc) i know google takes a while but be nice to be appearing on a few other biggies. I have also done a submission to ODP - i hear that takes a while but can you check status. Thanks in advance i cant believe how helpful this forum looks. Also what should i do to join the coop network as it seems a great idea to sign up?
    thanks,
    Neil :)

flyingkiwi, Mar 11, 2005 IP
  2. kalius

kalius Peon

Best Answers:
    It takes links from other sites

http://www.algarverentalapartments.com

here's one

Also submith your site to other directories. You can start with my directory on my signature and then go to the directory forum to find more

kalius, Mar 11, 2005 IP
    flyingkiwi likes this.
  3. toddieg

toddieg Peon

Best Answers:
    yup. get links from as many sites as you can. spiders follow links and then will index your site. start with free directories, and maybe put a link in your signature file. MSN's robots are crawling signature files in forums constantly.

oh, i just visited your site and noticed that you use dynamic pages. this is not the best tactics to get ranked in the SE's .. you should try and re-write your site so that your files are static .html files instead. some robots completely ignore dynamic urls.

toddieg, Mar 11, 2005 IP
    flyingkiwi likes this.
  4. flyingkiwi

flyingkiwi Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for that, its a content management system i am using and have asked the webmaster to use static urls and apparently hes working on it!!! how can i get a signature on this forum with a link at the bottom as you suggested?

flyingkiwi, Mar 11, 2005 IP
  5. neterslandreau

neterslandreau Peon

Best Answers:
    You can help your webmaster out by pointing to some of the 304 redirect threads that are in this forum. Using that method gives you the best of both worlds.

neterslandreau, Mar 12, 2005 IP
  6. flyingkiwi

flyingkiwi Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks and have passed onto webmaster, as mentioned any ideas how i get my signature at the bottom of my comments?

flyingkiwi, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  7. neterslandreau

neterslandreau Peon

Best Answers:
    Go to your control panel (click User CP) and click on edit signature. Be sure to preview it and make sure it is what you want before saving it.

neterslandreau, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  8. flyingkiwi

flyingkiwi Peon

Best Answers:
    brilliant thanks for that, this is the first test. :)

flyingkiwi, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  9. neterslandreau

neterslandreau Peon

Best Answers:
    Glad I could help.. There is quite a bit about vbcode syntax in the FAQ and it's pretty interesting reading, at least for a geek like me.

neterslandreau, Mar 14, 2005 IP
  10. Sdawg

Sdawg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do the search engine spider sites with higher page ranks more often or just more thurough, sorry if this is a stupid question, im new.

Sdawg, Mar 20, 2005 IP