1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Newbie Asp default pagerank problem

Discussion in 'C#' started by az266, Jun 12, 2005.

I have an ASP based website which has one problem.

As an ASP site, I have the my normal home page www.abc.com with a pagerank of 1, but I also have my page www.abc.com/default which has a pagerank of 3. None of my 10 second level internal pages have a pagerank, neither do my 300 third level pages.

I think that I have a problem as my pagerank is split - after all, my home page and my /default page are the same thing.

Do I need to change my linking structure somehow so that these two pages are seen as being the same, so that some of the combined pagerank flows down from them.

All my external inbound links go to www.abc.com, and every page (300 of them), is linked to the main 10 pages.

Any help would be great.

az266, Jun 12, 2005 IP
  2. alph

alph Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Usually I see it the other way around the www.abc.com has a higher rank than abc.com/default.asp. But anyway...I personally wouldn't worry too much about it. Consider your pagerank as 3, if all your external and internal links are pointing to abc.com, it should work itself out by the next udpate. Also FYI...you may not be getting many responses here as it's really not an ASP-based issue. :)

alph, Jul 21, 2005 IP
  3. J.D.

J.D. Peon

Best Answers:
    If you make sure your default.asp is not referenced in any of your, or anybody else's links, your "folder" page (i.e. website.com/dir-name/) will get all the hits and ranking.

J.D., Jul 21, 2005 IP
  4. spondishy

spondishy Peon

Best Answers:
    For default.asp to have a higher rank, incoming links must be specifically pointing to that page.

spondishy, Jul 27, 2005 IP
  5. heyman

heyman Peon

Best Answers:
    I assume in your IIS manager you have enabled default documents and default.asp is on top of the list?

heyman, Aug 25, 2005 IP