1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Newbie amazon questions

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by L146705, Jul 26, 2006.

question 1 - I have signed up to Amazon affiliate for a blog of mine. On the sign up page it asks for the website you want to display ads on so I put the website address in. I have a few other sites that I want to put the ads on, do I have to sign up for a new account for each site or just use the one account for them all.

Question 2 – I signed up for the .co.uk version but a slice of my website audience are from the usa, would amazon redirect usa users to the usa amazon.com or to amazon.co.uk. If so is there a way round this?

L146705, Jul 26, 2006 IP
  2. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    For each Amazon site you want to promote, you have to sign-up there, and you'll have a different link for each country. You don't have to tell them about all your sites.

Nintendo, Jul 26, 2006 IP
  3. tkroll

tkroll Peon

Best Answers:
    tkroll, Jul 28, 2006 IP
  4. chris22

chris22 Peon

Best Answers:
    Email Associates Customer Service and ask for multiple tracking ID's - this way you can track each site or use them to track different marketing campaigns/techniques. I highly recommend it. I don't understand why so many people use the same Amazon ID for all their sites. That's like using Adsense/YPN without channels.

chris22, Jul 28, 2006 IP
  5. chrisd

chrisd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can confirm Nintendo's post.

Also you can pretty much ask for the 1500 max. tracking ID without any details...

chrisd, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  6. MattBeard

MattBeard Peon

Best Answers:
    I just signed up to the .co.uk version, and it worked well - but I noticed that all the prices were in pounds. I checked via a proxy and it still showed pounds.

This is grim as most viewers seem to be US. So, I signed up for .com and added the ads from that account.

All seemed to work, but I dont like the fact that I am still alienating a great proportion of my readers (25.9% are from the US).

I wish there was a way to get "localized" ads

MattBeard, Aug 28, 2006 IP
  7. Icheb

Icheb Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are really interested in giving your users better ads you should dive into geolocation. What it does basically is you have a list of IP addresses matched to the general location they are used in and then you match your user's IP to that.

Icheb, Aug 28, 2006 IP
  8. L146705

L146705 Peon

Best Answers:
    It is asking for a Bank Routing Code for me to get payment via bank but I simply don't have one as in the uk its called a sort code. Amazon dosen't except a sort code as a routing code, how do I get my routing code?

L146705, Sep 20, 2006 IP
  9. tkroll

tkroll Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a 6-digit number and should be on your checks. Try this search:
    "your bank name" routing number

Call your bank if that doesn't work.

Good luck,
    Ty

tkroll, Sep 23, 2006 IP