1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

NEW Yahoo! update? Again..

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by _vlada_, Sep 24, 2005.

1. real

real Peon

Best Answers:
    Adsense users are down :p
    I see traffic dropped almost by 50 percent but not sure if Y is guilty.

real, Sep 25, 2005 IP
  2. Weirfire

Weirfire Language Translation Company

Best Answers:
    Not only are my Yahoo keywords back into their normal positions but some of them have gone quite a lot of places higher. :D Anyone else see this happening? :rolleyes:

Also noticed that MSN keywords seem to be up today as well... does this mean that MSN links use Yahoo data?

Weirfire, Sep 26, 2005 IP
  3. webmistress

webmistress Guest

Best Answers:
    i now have twice as much pages in their index for many of my sites. Same for MSN! My ranking dropped for a few sites but it's up as normal for most of them. I'll wait a bit before i celebrate though...

webmistress, Sep 26, 2005 IP
  4. Ellora

Ellora Peon

Best Answers:
    My indexed pages shot up from 2 to 500. And beginning to finally see some traffic from yahoo too. :D

Ellora, Sep 26, 2005 IP
  5. shirsc2

shirsc2 Peon

Best Answers:
    for a few hours i reached #2 on yahoo...now i'm nowhere to be found again....what a tease

shirsc2, Sep 26, 2005 IP
  6. PinoyIto

PinoyIto Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My 5 sites never get back to their old SERP.... and index pages still dropping.

PinoyIto, Sep 26, 2005 IP
  7. Web Gazelle

Web Gazelle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am still chanking ranking in Yahoo but I have not seen any changes. I would never guess they had an update. Is it still in progress?

Web Gazelle, Sep 26, 2005 IP
  8. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont' think there was an update - I think it was a glitch/problem that took 10 - 12 hours to fix. All the keywords/phrases I track returned to pretty much their normal positions after Yahoo's glitch was fixed. They may have moved a couple spots in either direction but I see that all the time.

GuyFromChicago, Sep 26, 2005 IP
  9. michail1

michail1 Peon

Best Answers:
    2 days since mine have come back up. So, for indexed pages, I am good. For some reason, still not quite seeing the traffic I was before. Almost back to normal. My adsense traffic is back to normal though.

So, appears it was down for just over 24 hours (with some people getting the full index and then back to almost nothing several times).

michail1, Sep 26, 2005 IP
  10. plmerlin

plmerlin Guest

Best Answers:
    Saturday morning, my Y Backlink dropped by 10,000 and my main keyword dropped for #1 to #8. But Saturday late afternoon, my BL went back up, indexed pages increased by 33% and Sunday my main keyword came back #1.

Traffic went up by 10% on one site and by 500% on the flash game site I purchased from Michelle. So I'm quite satisfied too :)

plmerlin, Sep 26, 2005 IP
  11. michail1

michail1 Peon

Best Answers:
    You sure it was Sat when it dropped, or that is when you checked. For everyone (that I know, including myself), it dropped Friday morn between 9:30 and 11:30 PST.

Everything came back to normal on Saturday late morning. I did notice an increase in indexed pages on the sites I have, but only a plus/minus of about 10-30 pages (normal flux).

PS. I got several emails from people saying I must have a messed up system, because they saw no changes on their indexed pages. One person wasn't even checking pages indexed. heh. 3 others were using DPS to have their pages checked. "Idiots" were checking GOOGLE with DPS instead of YAHOO which is what this thread is about. So I thought.

michail1, Sep 26, 2005 IP
  12. theta71

theta71 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have lost a lot of pages due to the Y deindexing and its seems that Y is extremely slow to index new sites that I am putting up

theta71, Sep 26, 2005 IP
  13. michail1

michail1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you talking about deindexing or the Hickup that happened Friday?
    Also, my new sites start showing up on the index within a week. They are normally fully indexed within three weeks. Define what extremely slow is for you.
    How many sites do you have? Are they cross linked? Have a lot of weight with DPS, etc etc. A lot of variables.

michail1, Sep 27, 2005 IP
  14. Web Gazelle

Web Gazelle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If there was a change it didn't effect me. I guess that can be both good and bad. No gains in my positions but no losses either.

Web Gazelle, Sep 27, 2005 IP
  15. michail1

michail1 Peon

Best Answers:
    There really wasn't a change. Just the normal flux for me. So, people who didn't see the problem Friday/Saturday probably didn't even notice except that their hits/income probably dropped for that 24-28 hour period.

michail1, Sep 27, 2005 IP
  16. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, myself and a few others who have been chatting with me via PM are still seeing it bounce around quite a bit. One member says a good majority of his pages are gone from the index.

I know the major shift was temporary but something is still going on.

zman, Sep 27, 2005 IP