1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Yahoo Messenger Hijacker Trojan - An Indepth Explanation And Solution

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by -Abhishek-, Oct 9, 2006.

1. dayajotkaur

dayajotkaur Peon

Best Answers:
    haanji...though i'd post more info on this thing for hose who need it....chalo hope it heps..(from a person on yahoo questions)

today system attacked by a virus coolpics.com. it is in temp folder n is not deleting. pl tel how 2 del it.?

it was attacked when i clicked the link in yahoo messenger. though i login as invisible, after a while its been available to all and the unnecessar links cropping up relating to the "coolpics" site. it is stored in temp folder as "object1" n "object2" application format.

as the operations goes on inessage displays as "component MSINET.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered a file is missing or invalid"
    Additional Details

2 days ago
    in the name of other members of my yahoo messenger it is been displaying the following things.

Do you realize who is in this image:thecoolpicsdot com/ who.jpg . Just think for a moment and tell me soon

this was generated automatically. such more messeges were displaying, making inconveniance to send messages to members.

2 days ago
    gunayate: oh my god , i've won a 20000 usd lottery the cool picsdot com/mylottery.jpg... <<
    its the another message. n this site is sticked as default in internet browser n making disable to all options to make another one as default link.

dayajotkaur, Oct 25, 2006 IP
  2. -Abhishek-

-Abhishek- Regaining my Momentum!

Best Answers:
    dayajotkaur,

It looks like the similar stuff! Take a look at the post I did ....it might help you!

Lol Someone greyed me with "you are gay" hehe

-Abhishek-, Oct 28, 2006 IP
  3. dayajotkaur

dayajotkaur Peon

Best Answers:
    haanji yaar,

yeah abhishek, that's why i posted it. in case soemone else browsing here got that message and didn't connect it to the others. because i think you're right, so im hoping this would help them. :eek: i've been referring my friends to your post because they have no idea what's going on. i too had this virus, but i have mozilla, so i'm kosher lol

chalo!

dayajotkaur, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  4. ameyjah

ameyjah Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey ypur article saved me from getting infected and what about yahoo, what precautions are they taking to stop this:)

ameyjah, Nov 8, 2006 IP
  5. dayajotkaur

dayajotkaur Peon

Best Answers:
    glad if i could help! i truly have no ideas what they're doing yet, as friends are still getting this thing. it may take a while for them to deal with it. hopefully not *too* long

dayajotkaur, Nov 8, 2006 IP
  6. -Abhishek-

-Abhishek- Regaining my Momentum!

Best Answers:
    Lol dayajotkaur, I think he was referring to my article!

This trojan has been listed in symantec! And since Yahoo messenger is a standalone program, and it is the windows IM functions that has been attacked, I doubt Yahoo can do much!

The most they could do is release an upgrade or a patch, but then it would conflict with other services. And I doubt many would bother to download it!

Abhishek

-Abhishek-, Nov 8, 2006 IP
  7. ameyjah

ameyjah Peon

Best Answers:
    You have given me good info, thanx. I have warned all of my frnd on behalf of you:)

ameyjah, Nov 8, 2006 IP
  8. dayajotkaur

dayajotkaur Peon

Best Answers:
    oops sorry abhishek! lol......guess we gotta put who we r referring to here! lol!

dayajotkaur, Nov 11, 2006 IP