1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New website portfolio design

Discussion in 'Design' started by fabia, Mar 6, 2014.

Hi Guys,

Please let me know your thoughts on my new website design company website:

www.vrsolutions.co.uk

fabia, Mar 6, 2014 IP
  2. Johnolo

Johnolo Member

Best Answers:
    its not bad, however I dont like this middle - white color rectangle. it looks like from another website
    try to change it into one color

Johnolo, Mar 6, 2014 IP
  3. fabia

fabia Member

Best Answers:
    Thats a slider showing my portfolio - is it not working for you?

fabia, Mar 6, 2014 IP
  4. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    That slider cuts the images in a somewhat weird way. Doesn't look appealing at all. The links aren't clickable (which, I guess is normal, but if I was looking for samples, I'd want to poke around in them). The top part of the website is too large. I have to scroll WAAAAY too much to see testimonials and how your pricing works. This is true for both my smaller and my larger-resolution screen.

The clouds look a little amateurish, but nobody's really going to pay attention to that.

YJunK, Mar 6, 2014 IP
  5. fabia

fabia Member

Best Answers:
    I wanted the slider to display the images in their original size so they wouldn't be squashed - do you have a better idea of how they should be cropped? Or any examples?

I will make the links open in a new window - think your right, a lot of people would want to see the website designs in full.

What resolutions are you using? I only have to do a minimal amount of scrolling to get to the info under the slider?

fabia, Mar 6, 2014 IP
  6. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    Basically, this is what happens.
    On a 1280x800 screen I can't see the bottom half of your website + the sliding rectangle isn't fully displayed.
    On a 1920x1080 screen the header image of the "clouds" is cut off at the right. Nearly 1/5th of the display is just light blue.

It's just tiny things that don't really matter, but if this is your design portfolio you want it to look perfect, right? :)

YJunK, Mar 7, 2014 IP