1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Website Idea Help

Discussion in 'Databases' started by Tsean Pluto, Mar 26, 2013.

Hi, I am thinking of making a new website. It will be a website similar to siteslike.com. I am a novice html user. I don't have any knowledge about databases. Although, I think this one has to do with databases. So can someone explain to me the whole process of the website making. I mean where do i start and how does it work or how does the site siteslike.com work? Thanks

Tsean Pluto, Mar 26, 2013 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You will either need to start working through beginners PHP tutorials and get to know about databases, security, and design or hire someone. I doubt there are any multipage websites that don't use a database, nothing special about them but a vital skill you need.

sarahk, Mar 26, 2013 IP
  3. Izax

Izax Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I agree with sarahk, you should try to learn basic PHP before you want to create a website, since a website is not just enough with a database

Izax, Mar 30, 2013 IP
  4. bluebenz

bluebenz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In a big picture, usually I :
    1. concepting
    2. layout designing using photoshop or graphic design software
    3. converting layout to a html
    4. programming or applying template to wordpress
    done.. !!

CMIIW.. :)

bluebenz, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  5. cherryinfosystems

cherryinfosystems Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Use online tutorials available in youtube for each topic and learn step by step methods , Also search for the books with 'topic' + dummies (eg : photoshop for dummies) .

cherryinfosystems, Apr 26, 2013 IP
  6. Andy01

Andy01 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You need to develop the strategies you would be planning to make your website and depending upon it you will have to learn different stuff. Major information is available from Google and you will have to learn how to integrate database with website.

Andy01, Apr 26, 2013 IP
  7. Maleabil

Maleabil Member

Best Answers:
    Hi!
    The steps the that you can make using your knowledge:
    -get hosting and domain
    -create database and user from hosting cpanel(database wizard or something similar)
    -install wordpress using the database and username by following the steps created by the wordpress installer
    -find plugins that will help you make your website like the one you like

Maleabil, Jun 12, 2013 IP
  8. haris mehmood

haris mehmood Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    w3school dot com is also helpful to you to create your website as you want...

haris mehmood, Jun 14, 2013 IP
  9. vangel

vangel Active Member

Best Answers:

I wasn't originally a web developer. I was a programmer and had no idea of HTML/PHP etc. I mean I could write a bit of HTML but never tackled anything like CGI on myown. I used an oreily book when in college to learn php really fast (like 2-3 days) max and was able to build a CD database with shopping cart. The tutorial is in the book and several smaller ones.

I personally find it is best to type out the sample programs and click run rather than copy paste run. If you already can do HTML you will "internalize" some code automatically.

You have a great idea. Siteslike is pretty good idea but it is full of ads and rarely shows relevant sites in most cases. I am hoping someone else will go ahead and doa better job. Using a project in mind in order to learn is a good thing. You wont get bogged down my too much information which you may never need. Secondly , the website/project will never be complete, you will only make it better as you learn.

all the best

vangel, Jun 17, 2013 IP