1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Users

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Spoiltdiva, Jun 8, 2019.

1. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Your post brought something to mind that might be relevant to this discussion: A few months ago, because of my day job title/company, I was asked to join a small executive forum for a major tech company. I thought about it and ultimately joined and it immediately asked me to make an introductory post to the rest of the community (through an anonymous user name) before I left the sign up page. I now get an email every couple of weeks to post my opinion on a particular topic. So far, the topics have been within my wheelhouse and I have occasionally clicked through and participated. It is an interesting way to promote participation. Of course, the moderators are employees of either the tech company or consultants who are being paid to do this nurturing, etc.

jrbiz, May 1, 2020 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    We welcome input from newbies such as yourself.:) However we do seem to get more than our fair share of newbies who do not know what they are talking about....highly irritating.
    What bothers me the most is when a newbie with less than 10 posts comes on here and lectures/moralizes to a long time member how he/she ought to conduct him/herself on here. DP has a distinctive social culture that cannot be so easily understood in just a few short days after signing up.

Last edited: May 1, 2020
    Spoiltdiva, May 1, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Those 900 are too busy in real life to worry about insignificant things like gossip on the internet.

mmerlinn, May 1, 2020 IP