1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New User Question

Discussion in 'Websites' started by ideashop, Jan 7, 2016.

Hi Everyone,
    Im new to the community and i was hoping i could get some feedback from you (i dont have any ads so im not making money out of this).
    My website is: www.theideashop.net

All feedback is welcome

ideashop, Jan 7, 2016 IP
  2. Castell

Castell Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Initial Thoughts:
    1) Your logo looks faded and does not attract focus when I initially look at your webpage. Consider increasing the opacity on it and making it more visible and vibrant. It should be one of the first things I notice upon going to your website.
    2) You use a sans-serif font for the majority of your headers and titles, but you then use (Times New Roman?) serif font for your content. It all looks a bit confusing. I would keep it all the same type of font, either sans serif or serif.
    3) Your video header links directly to a Vimeo template (for sale) page from which then it links to the authors envatomarket's page listed for sale. Unless you purchased the rights to use that video, I would not use it. You are more or less advertising someone else. And if you DID purchase the video, I would host the video directly from your own site so that the link does not re-direct you to someone else's content page. It also looks really bad as the video is very pixelated.

Castell, Jan 7, 2016 IP
  3. ideashop

ideashop Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you Im going to work on it.

ideashop, Jan 7, 2016 IP
  4. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Whatever you've done, it's bad.... since all I'm seeing here is a blank page with the title "H"

Despite there being a rather large train-wreck of how NOT to write HTML being served up. In fact that markup is so terrifyingly ignorant of what HTML is and how it works, it makes me wonder if it's XHTML 2 being served as 1.0 Tranny.

deathshadow, Jan 9, 2016 IP
  5. ideashop

ideashop Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks man, any tips on how i can fix it or somewhere i can find the information?

ideashop, Jan 9, 2016 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    upload_2016-1-10_13-6-38.png

times roman, really?

listen to @deathshadow, he knows his stuff. You've tried to go for the parallax style but it's not really working for you. The black squares with H, S, C etc don't give any hints as to what they're about.

I'm really surprised that you haven't given your location and some about us info. Before I hand over my product/service/business to anyone I want to know where they operate from and who they are. I want to know how long they've been in business, what professional organisations they belong to, where to check them out on linkedin. I couldn't find any of that. Are you inbred hicks from Manitowoc County, ghetto punks from New York or up and coming stars in Chicago?

upload_2016-1-10_13-12-45.png

Or maybe since you think visible stat counters are cool you are actually 14 year olds working on a school project.

sarahk, Jan 9, 2016 IP
  7. Castell

Castell Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm excited I get that reference now because I just started that show yesterday, unreal!

Also, I didn't even notice the hit counter until now, please remove it, this isn't anglefire or geocities website.

Castell, Jan 9, 2016 IP
  8. ideashop

ideashop Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey thanks a lot guys for the feedback this is the first time i make a website so its awesome i got some help from guys that know what they are talking about. The font that im using is opens sans even in the section that you mentioned, would you recomend any other font?

ideashop, Jan 9, 2016 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You might want to use open sans but, seriously, do you think that is what a sans font looks like?
    I think you might have something wrong, it can't find the font so subs for the default which is Times Roman

You need to get the javascript and css stuff in separate files too. They shouldn't be in the actual page.

sarahk, Jan 9, 2016 IP