1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Turtle Care Guide - Monetize Your Pet Site with 50% Commissions

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Investawise, Oct 1, 2008.

1. terryd

terryd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Any update on this please?

What are the current conversion rates?

terryd, Oct 17, 2008 IP
  2. nkthen

nkthen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'm gonna try out your niche, since I just finished some lessons in PPC Classroom. :)

Very frankly, you need to increase the price.

Here are some ideas for you:
    1) Have the ebook tested at various pricing. See how much is the conversion
    2) Or, keep the ebook at the same price, offer an upsell of PHYSICAL product like the actual book or CDs. At the 2nd page of the order, have something like "Add $15 to have the book/CD delivered to you"
    3) Offer 1 month free consultation for additional $20 or $30, use that as an OTO
    4) Have backend products and let the affiliate know what are the backend products. Those backend products also award the affiliate with commissions.
    5) Offer subscription. Like $19 per month and we make $10. It may not be a lot but because it is a SUBSCRIPTION that may entice some affiliates.

If you do that, we will add up and may think that it's worth the time to promote.

nkthen, Oct 21, 2008 IP
  3. Investawise

Investawise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Terry,

On my own campaign I have a 1/16 conversion on targeted traffic. The best affiliate is converting at 1/34.

The ones who are converting the best are the ones that are not only getting targeted traffic but also doing a good pre-sell rather than just throwing up a link or two and hoping for the best.

If anyone needs any help getting targeted traffic or doing an effective pre-sell please hit me up I am more than happy to help.

Thanks for your suggestions - very much appreciated.

1) This will be done as I promised from the beginning :)

2) I would love to do this but first I need to make sure there is a demand for hard copies and that the guide has everything that people require.

3) Interesting idea, I kind of offer that as standard but it could make a good up-sell, let me think about that.

4) Backend products would be great, its just a case of finding or creating the right ones and then working out how I can integrate that in to Clickbank properly to ensure affiliates get credit.

5) Subscription is a good idea and this is one I have been thinking about, of course I need something that is worth people staying subscribed to. Any ideas on this would be appreciated - was thinking of constructing a giant article database using PLR articles but turtle PLR articles are very hard to find...only have 10 so far! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Investawise, Oct 21, 2008 IP
  4. shand0

shand0 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Seems good, I'll try

shand0, Oct 21, 2008 IP
  5. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    How many copies have you sold so far?, i see that you have a gravity of 2 in less than a month already! Which is amazing!

web_18designer, Oct 23, 2008 IP
  6. Investawise

Best Answers:
    UPDATE!!!

A couple of things to update you on. Firstly the price of the downloadable guide has been increased to $24.45 which means you now get around $18 commission per sale.

Secondly, and here is the big announcement......

The guide has now been released as a physical book as well as a download!!

Unfortunately though, because Clickbank only accept physical products when they are given away free with the download I cannot list this on Clickbank.

However, you can now promote the Turtle Guide Book in both download and physical book version through PayDot.com.

I will still pay you 75% commission on $24.45 for all download sales but in addition when you promote through PayDot.com you can also earn 50% of all paperback book sales at $39.77.

People most definately want a physical book, in fact many have emailed me asking where they can get one from so this extra option is sure to boost conversions even further.

Please note though that your surfers will only see the physical book option if they go through your PayDot.com link. They will not see it if you send them through your Clickbank link so you do need to update your linking codes to take advantage of this.

You can sign-up to PayDot.com here: http://www.paydot.com

And you can get the link for my turtle guide here: http://paydotcom.com/member.area.view.product.levels.php?id=76823

Investawise, Nov 9, 2008 IP
  7. hommi_16

hommi_16 Peon

Best Answers:
    I send you a PM about a mistake on your landing page.

hommi_16, Nov 22, 2008 IP
  8. mill123

mill123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    right on. ive been trying out pdc lately. i might jump on that.

mill123, Nov 22, 2008 IP
  9. Investawise

Best Answers:
    Thanks mate, was away on vacation but its fixed now :)

If anyone needs any help promoting just hit me up :)

Investawise, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  10. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am planning to do something on this niche. Please let us all know honestly how many sales have you exactly made till date? How many sales have you made after you increased the price?
    Also let us know the ratio of affiliate sales:publisher sales.

jacky8, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  11. Investawise

Best Answers:
    Hi Jacky,

I do not want to reveal exactly how may sales the guide has made but it is over 100. The total sales should not matter to you anyway, all you need to know is if it converts and the answer to that is yes.....providing you send targeted traffic and do an effective presell.

There has been a very slight drop in sales after the price was increased, however the increased income per sale has more than covered the amount lost from the number of sales falling.

Conversion is now at 1/40 for the best performing affiliate. I have stopped my PPC campaign now too so that I am not competing with affiliates who wish to do PPC direct to site.

The percentage of affiliate sales on Clickbank overall is just over 48%. However, now that I have stopped my own PPC campaign this is beginning to rise.

Let me know if you need anything else :)

Investawise, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  12. mill123

mill123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    any paydotcom affiliates?

mill123, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  13. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    All publishers do it so thats not something affiliates will ask you to do. Fine.. i will give it a try sometime soon.

jacky8, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  14. Investawise

Best Answers:
    Yes there are 43 affiliates promoting through PayDotCom.

No but personally I am against publishers competing with affiliates on PPC. Afterall, publishers receive the commission plus their markup so it gives them an unfair advantage over their affiliates in PPC.

Let me know if you need any help promoting :)

Investawise, Dec 4, 2008 IP