1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Turtle Care Guide - Monetize Your Pet Site with 50% Commissions

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Investawise, Oct 1, 2008.

Brand new product launch on Clickbank - Turtle Guide Book

Do you own a pet, reptile or turtle related website?

Do you need help in monetizing it?

Introducing my new Turtle care guide which is paying 50% commissions on Clickbank.

• Unique product
    • Low PPC costs
    • Uncompetitive search terms
    • Massive affiliate resource pack
    • 1 on 1 support to get you making sales
    • Converts at 1 in 9

Learn more on my affiliate program page: http://www.turtleguidebook.com/affiliates.html

A totally unique product. Try it yourself - search for 'turtle' in Clickbank marketplace and see how many products come up - Just 1 - The Turtle Guide Book.

This uniqueness combined with an expertly designed and written website makes my product convert like crazy - 1 in every 9 targeted visitors buy!

Retailing at just $18.45 with 2 free bonus guides included you will bag over $8 on every sale you make - thats better than the few cents you can earn from Adsense!

I give every affiliate a big resource pack frull of banners, articles, pre-written reviews, graphics and images, keywords and more. This makes it easy to make sales and better all - I will give you 1 on 1 support to help you make sales.

Perfect for the new online marketeer or the seasoned veteren.

Learn more on my affiliate program page: http://www.turtleguidebook.com/affiliates.html

Remember to hit me up if you have any questions or need any help :)

Investawise, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  2. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Website doesn't open for me

Ripped, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  3. nadavs

nadavs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Two things:
    1) The website doesn't open.
    2) $8 per sale? This wouldn't attract so much affiliates. You said you're alone in this niche, a monopoly. Try higher prices and see which price brings in the best profits, and if it's this price, raise commission rates. Don't turn away affiliates with the price.

Good luck!
    nadavs

nadavs, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  4. Investawise

Investawise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No - absolutely typical.

Shortly after posting this my server went down - its hosted with 1and1 and I have just called them and they are doing some 'emergency maintenence'.

Hopefully it will be back up again soon - Im sure they have just done this to make me look like an idiot after posting this! :mad:

Anyway Ill let you know when its back up again :)

5. Investawise

Best Answers:
    I agree $8 per sale isnt a massive amount but its more then you get for an Adsense click....in this niche you would need a lot of Adsense clicks to get near $8.

Plus I did some research before setting the price. The guide was given away for free to over 300 people and those people were surveyed after they read the guide. It turned out that somewherent around $15-$20 is what they would expect to pay.

I strongly believe that if the price was higher the sales would be lower although I will be testing both higher and lower price points.

Point taken $8 is not a big amount but I know it converts well at this price and someone sending 100 targeted hits could expect as many as 10 sales so it can add up very quickly.

Thanks for your feedback :)

6. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Still haven't seen the website, but $8/sale is really low.

You may want to increase the price...

bl4ckmaN^, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  7. Investawise

Best Answers:
    The server is up again so the site should load now - sorry about that :)

Please let me know what you think and thanks for the comments so far.

Appreciate the price is low but how much do most pet programs pay? About 5-10% for a pet store right? That means you would need an average order value of at least $80 to get $8 commission per sale.

Sure, in other niches $8 is nothing but in this niche it isnt that bad - especially as there are very few turtle related affiliate programs around. Plus - I would rather promote a site that pays $8 a sale but converts 1/10 than one that pays $50 and converts 1 in 100 any day ;)

8. veneficuz

veneficuz Peon

Best Answers:
    I want a turtle!

veneficuz, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  9. bl4ckmaN^

Best Answers:
    The commission is low, but hey, the landing page looks really good :)

10. Investawise

Best Answers:
    Thanks bl4ckmaN :)

Ok so lets say you had control of the product, how much would you charge and how much would you pay affiliates?

Or lets say you have a pet or turtle website (perhaps you do?) how much would you need to start promoting my guide based on what you know and whats been discussed on this thread?

11. bl4ckmaN^

Best Answers:
    As a general rule, which I see is often used by majority of affiliates is that a product should pay at least $20-25 commission...

If I were you, then I would sell the guide for $37 offering 75% commission, which would be $27+ for affiliates per sale.

Always remember, if affiliates are making money, you will also make money. Think about them first!

12. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's some advice; don't host with 1and1. They really blow.

$8 isn't worth my time unless it is converting once every few clicks.

Supper, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  13. seregap

seregap Active Member

Best Answers:
    i really like your sales page. short and straight to the point. i'd like to give it a try, but i dont know s**t about the market. i will do a bit of research though.

two suggestions from me.
    raise your price. hey, there's no competition, use it while you can. and i, as a pet owner myself, can assure you that people tend to spend money on their pets easier than on themselves. in many cases they'd rather save on food for themselves, but keep their pets happy. try at least 27.99 or smth like that, but be sure to mention that it's a special offer and that the price will go up soon. then raise it again if it sells.

other than that, remove "Pre-Written Reviews" bulletpoint from your affiliate section. Keep them in your zip, just don't mention it on your website. There are curious buyers who click every link and read every page before buying anything.

seregap, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  14. hornetss

hornetss Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks Good!

hornetss, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  15. terryd

terryd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd raise the price to at least $24.95 and then offer your affiliates 75% of the sale, while it's still not a huge commission if it converts as good as you say it does then you will get a lot of affiliates.

terryd, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  16. wicked9690

wicked9690 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice looking site and you have done a good job on the affiliate area.

I would do some split testing on the site and see if you can find a higher selling price without a big loss in conversions. Most affiliates these days expect the 75% commission also.

wicked9690, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  17. MedicAffiliate

MedicAffiliate Peon

Best Answers:
    @Investawise
    Don't get discouraged by what most people say, what you have here is a truly niche product and you have the chance to be the first in your field (not many do). I checked it out with adwords and SEO tools, and it looks like ezine can rank really well for certain keywords with more than 20k searches per month-a lot.

So far, price seems to be the only issue, personally, I'd keep it at 29.95$ for the guide, giving 18-19$ for my affiliates, you'll soon see enough sales to keep all quarters happy, trust me.

Also, I'd suggest you include a separate page of some sort like "Why turtles as a pet?". Since most of the people browsing sites like these haven't decided yet, and turtles are pretty "exotic" to most city dwellers, you might as well tell them the benefits of having turtles as a pet, and why your guide will help them enjoy the most with their new-found pet.

Good luck with your product ;).

MedicAffiliate, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  18. Arbitrage

Arbitrage Peon

Best Answers:
    That's one hell of a niche, best of luck

Arbitrage, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  19. Swerd

Swerd Active Member

Best Answers:
    nice niche.. way to think out of the box!

Good luck with it.

Swerd, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  20. Investawise

Best Answers:
    Thats for the replies everyone - I wasnt expecting this level of response so Im very grateful!

As for the price, all of your feedback has been very useful. I will see how it goes with recruiting affiliates and how many sales they generate and then will test some different price points.

If anyone decides they want to give it a try give me a shout so I can help you out :)