1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New tool suggestion

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by FTEGal, Mar 25, 2005.

Here is something for you to play with.

Wouldn't it be great to have a tool where you could just type in your URL and the results that came back were every keyword that you ranked for in the top say 100 or 1000?

My problem. I have been trying to figure out all the combinations of keywords that I should be monitoring and I get so confused about what I checked and what I didn't. Did I enter the plurals, did I need to? For example. I sell wedding dresses online. I have to check combinations of wedding dress, gowns, bridal, accessories, shoes, jewelry. Most people search for the term wedding in front of these words. Wedding Shoes. Wedding dresses. But then others search for Bridal shoes, bridal gowns, bridal dresses, bridal accessories.

Now, in the last month I just learned everything I know about SEO and backlinks. When I started my backlinks campaign, my main objective is the extremely competitve term wedding dresses. I knew I wouldn't be able to rank for this term anytime soon but I wanted to start working toward it. So I decided on Cheap Wedding Dresses. I have also added a few other terms to my anchor text hear and there to help with some really small keywords.

My problem is, I'm not sure what I need to be checking for anymore. I have a good list of the combos strated but I think there is a good chance that I am missing some good ones that would just need a little tweaking to put me at #1.

What do you think? Am I sleeping in left field or is this doable?

FTEGal, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  2. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    This isn't doable as you are talking about searching every single word combination. The server strain would be enormous.

A better option is to use a suggested keywords tool like the one in Adwords and start adding those to your keyword tracker.

Another method is to check your logs. If you rank top 10 for something, it is probably in your logs and you can refine it from there.

There is a tool that has you put in your url and then searches all the word combinations in your content to return results for those with the highest keyword density. Thats a far cry from what you suggest however as many big sites can rank for 1000's of phrases if not more.

yfs1, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  3. FTEGal

FTEGal Peon

Best Answers:
    Where can I find that tool? I think that sounds more like what I may need. I certainly don't need combos of everything. Just the keywords that I have scattered throughout my site.

Thanks

FTEGal, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  4. classifieds

classifieds Sopchoppy Flash

Best Answers:
    I understand your problem.

One of my sites has 5,500 communities and each community has 1,000 categories and each is optimized for 2-5 keywords. The categories are also comprised of multiple pages which individually have their own unique keywords.

So, 5,500 x 1,000 x 2-5 = 11,000,000 to 27,000,000 combinations + the individual pages = a big number.

What I do is track and optimize for the top 200 most important keywords. Then I review my log files daily looking for new search phases, if I start seeing activity on a new phrase I add it to my tracking list.

I try to spend a week a month focusing on and optimizing a subset of regions and categories and then add them to the tracking list to determine if my changes were effective or not.

Its definitely not perfect but it works for me.

Hope this helps.

-jay

classifieds, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  5. FTEGal

FTEGal Peon

Best Answers:
    :p Anyone out these know how to get to the logs with a Yahoo store? I'm clueless.

FTEGal, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  6. FTEGal

FTEGal Peon

Best Answers:
    Can someone tell me where to find this tool?

FTEGal, Apr 16, 2005 IP
  7. tripar-inc

tripar-inc Guest

Best Answers:
    I know of a tool that does exactly what you are looking for.
    It is for google only:
    http://www.googlerankings.com/ultimate_seo_tool.php
    This tool searches all relevent keywords contained in your site, then makes a search for those keywords to tell you your position.

tripar-inc, May 2, 2005 IP