1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New to Video Ads, Lots of Questions

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Kittridge, Jan 8, 2017.

TL;DR: Half a million requests, zero impressions.

I have recently jumped into the mysterious world of video advertising, and have some questions that might help me understand what I might be doing wrong.

1. When inputing a new tag from a demand partner into the server, I have to choose between VPAID Flash, VPAID JS, or VAST. When I ask the demand partner which one I should choose for a particular tag, they always answer something like, "VPAID Flash, I guess. Lots of demand!"

2. When I make a new tag for a network publisher partner, my choices are VPAID Flash and VPAID JS. When I ask them which one they prefer, they give the same kind of less-than-certain response, usually VPAID Flash.

3. If the video player that is calling my ad can't play flash or vice-versa, then am I correct in assuming that if I have given them the wrong type of tag, I could end up with 500k requests, but no impressions? And even if I have given them the correct type of tag, if the demand linked to it in my server is the other type, I should again expect no impressions?

4. When I am testing a new tag, why does it take such a long time for the player to either display an ad, or decide not to display an ad? I realize each of my demand tags might be calling a waterfall, and each of those might be calling other waterfalls, but I would think whatever bidding that's taking place should be lightning fast or else it's defeating the entire purpose of video ads.

5. The universal response to low fill rates is "more traffic!" Over the last few days, I've had half a million requests and zero impressions. The techs with the platform I'm using (Verta Media) say my setup is fine. My supply partner says it looks ok on his end too. But no impressions. The server tag macros have been done properly, and the traffic is Tier 1, and mostly from some good quality sites. Again, zero impressions.

If anyone has any knowledge to lend from their experience with video advertising, it would be very much appreciated.

Kittridge, Jan 8, 2017 IP
  2. MediawayssVideo

MediawayssVideo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi! If you have not small site, we can offer some option which can be good or not good for you of course.
    1. Content Roll.
    You can place this video ad format on any pages on your web site, so it helps to generate more new ad impressions, and of course more revenue.
    The implementation on site is easy as it's JS code.
    2. The second option is Video Widget.
    This is one solution: Player + Legal Video Content. If you dont have player, or legal video content you can please our video unit (this is JS code).
    It's new ad inventory which your site can generate, and more revenue for you.

See detailed info: https://mediawayss.com/video.html
    In generally we answering on video request to our vast in 0.2 - 1 sec. So, I cant lose a lot of potential video impressions.

MediawayssVideo, Jan 17, 2017 IP