1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New To PHP Coding, Advice Needed!

Discussion in 'Programming' started by ProvidenceX, Feb 6, 2012.

Hello Everyone,

I want to create my own Mafia game such as, "Infamous Gangsters" have i come to the right place

Basically im new to PHP coding and i want to know a list of things before i start to learn

1.) Does it cost to create a website such as: Infamousgangsters.com?
    2.) How long does it take to learn PHP coding before i have enough experience to create one?
    3) Does anyone have any useful documents on PHP coding which i can read to learn basic knowledge?

Many Thanks,
    Providence

ProvidenceX, Feb 6, 2012 IP
  2. MarPlo

MarPlo Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    If you create the website, cost time, but you get also experience.
    Depends on you how much take to learn something.
    If you want to learn php, look on the net for: free php course and tutorials , also checks the links in signature.

MarPlo, Feb 7, 2012 IP
  3. HostingLynx

HostingLynx Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Check out youtube.com/user/hallsofvallhalla he has made tons of video tutorials related to creating web based PHP mmo's.

HostingLynx, Feb 8, 2012 IP
  4. stasiek

stasiek Peon

Best Answers:
    1. It costs! why? you need to buy a domain and hosting.
    2. It depends! on what? on your inner adaptation(i guess you know what i mean).
    3. The best way to learn PHP is pratice! Code scripts from tutorials, check how do they work, etc.

and you should also know that the best way to code such a website(or any other website too) is to USE PHP OOP!

best regards,
    stasiek

stasiek, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  5. spaculus

spaculus Peon

Best Answers:
    spaculus, Feb 14, 2012 IP
  6. EricBruggema

EricBruggema Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When you have never been programming before i can tell you that learning PHP and ofcource MySQL (of your idea) it would take at least a year to write decent code! and even then you will keep learning! (even i learn after 6 years of experience). If you want to create such a script you will be scripting for over a half year and many not even alone!

Best start (imho) is http://www.w3schools.com/php/

Gl

EricBruggema, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  7. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. About $10/year for the domain name and about $5/month for the site.

2. First you have to learn programming. That can take from 6 months to never, depending on how left-brained you are (right-brained people can't learn programming) and how good a student you are. Then you'll need to learn PHP, SQL, HTML, CSS and Javascript. Figure at least a few years.

3. The basic knowledge is programming, not one specific programming language. Start with "Algorithms + Data Structures = Programs" by Wirth. (It's usually available on Amazon for under $10.) Learning programming languages before you know programming is just fooling around. You're not going to build a game like that.

Rukbat, Feb 25, 2012 IP
  8. mrterry69

mrterry69 Peon

Best Answers:
    i suggest you download some of the free website management systems that are all coded in PHP such as word press and drupal. These systems allow you to download templates and alter the source code. It will be a good way to get you hands dirty while at the same time being able to construct a fairly attractive website reasonably quickly

mrterry69, Feb 29, 2012 IP