1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

new to link building

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by lapowerlifter242, Jul 7, 2008.

I am new to internet marketing, I have never really had a decent website, and think I possibly have one now. I want to spend a little money on getting it out there and start getting hits. What would link building do, and would it be worth the money over PPC ads? How much does it cost to have links developed, and are there any good companies to use?

lapowerlifter242, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  2. paystolivegreen

paystolivegreen Peon

Best Answers:
    You can easily get backlinks to your site by continuing posting to blogs and forums like this one.

paystolivegreen, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  3. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Since it's new, I would suggest you save the PPC ads later part when you are more established and have nice CTR. Hmmm...maybe for a start you can begin by adding your site url to your signatures to gain some backlink. Social bookmarks, directory and article submission all helps as well.

lycos, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  4. Precise

Precise Peon

Best Answers:
    dont waste time social bookmarking...
    find relevant sites and e-mail the webmasters, asking to exchange links.
    find relevant forums, and try to find high page ranking posts on the forums and post your link there.

if you want to do ppc, just use gtrends(google it) for keywords with little competition, and open up an adwords account. put the max bid at .01, you can sometimes get free impressions that way.

Precise, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  5. MoneyMoose

MoneyMoose Peon

Best Answers:
    MoneyMoose, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  6. freelistfool

freelistfool Peon

Best Answers:
    You can also start adding to web directories. If you tailor your site and anchor text you'll start getting some long tail hits from the search engines. If your site is good you'll start getting some "real" back links that boost your site more in the SERPs...and then the process continues again.

freelistfool, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  7. priyakochin

priyakochin Banned

Best Answers:
    link building means build backlinks for your sites.Its an important factor of SEO.there are many methods for link building,some of them are blog commenting,directory submission,article submission etc.

priyakochin, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  8. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    read the Search Engine Optimization, Link Building, and BST forums here. read for a while and get a feel for it before you start building links and buy links from anywhere.

sultanofseo, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  9. kingofsanda

kingofsanda Peon

Best Answers:
    Article submission is an effective / inexpensive form of link building which will improve your
    organic search engine traffic over time. You should remember that link building is an ongoing
    process and it usually takes some time before you can reap the benefits.

kingofsanda, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  10. tdd1984

tdd1984 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PPC Rocks! You can also try http://www.contextual-style.com (our site we broker links).

tdd1984, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  11. beacon.seo

beacon.seo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    just do all kinds of link building method. it will help you get ranked and your site will be notice.

beacon.seo, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  12. allannick1@gmail.com

allannick1@gmail.com Guest

Best Answers:
    You can use the service in DP. Many good service provider... Get link using blog comment, directory submission, blog post and 3 ways link..

allannick1@gmail.com, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  13. jacky123

jacky123 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are new then must read Matt cutt blog. You can also enhance your knowledge by reading other blog such as googlegenie blog and the best way to search.

jacky123, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  14. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't agree with these statements.

1. Social bookmarking can bring traffic and backlinks.
    2. Reciprocal links should be kept to a minimum, and only used when the potential for traffic is good. Too many reciprocal links, and a backlink profile may look loaded with link schemes.

@ lapowerlifter242

Before spending a dime, read the forums here at DP. There are some very informative threads. Learn the basics like anchor text and keyword research. Use your knowledge of these two terms and get some free links from directories, social bookmarking, forum signatures, blog comments, etc. And remember, the keywords you are targeting should be in the text of the link (aka anchor text). This will help to improve your organic search engine ranks. When you have a good knowledge of this, then maybe try PPC. It will save you a lot of money if you learn and apply the basics first.

Good luck

snowbird, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  15. sheds

sheds Peon

Best Answers:
    reciprocal links, social bookmarking, articles. blog comment posting..................

sheds, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  16. nairbuoyevoli

nairbuoyevoli Active Member

Best Answers:
    my way of link building

social bookmarking
    blog commenting
    directory sub
    forum posting
    blog making
    link exchange if possible..

nairbuoyevoli, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  17. CyprusMike

CyprusMike Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wrote a post on my blog last week about linkbuilding for new websites. I agree with what has been said above - don't bother wasting money on PPC yet - use this time to tweak the content for SEO, build up some free traffic so you can see what's working, and what's not. Then you can build on that with a PPC campaign.

@ Precise - I agree in part - depending on your niche, social bookmarking can sometimes be a waste of time. Depending on the type of site, I find posting in relevant forums, and asking webmasters (of relevant sites) for reciprocal links much more productive.

CyprusMike, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  18. proson

proson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well lapo, before you build your links, you should keyword right first. SEO is all about keyword research.
    while I am not really an expert but I am helping some internet marketers to get their sites review in terms of search engine friendliness and also I am a seo college graduate, so I think I am able to answer your question...

you can get my free copy of keyword research software there and I will explain in detail how would you do a keyword research better....

after you've picked right keywords, all you have to do make sure your keywords appeared on the anchored text link e.g. <a href="http://www.freesoftware.com/ title="claim your free copy of webmaster tool here"> Free webmaster tools </a> if your targeted keywords are "free webmaster tools"

hopes that helps

proson, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  19. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    keep posting on this site and add a signature link that points back to your site. Keep your comments and contributions relevant and don't spam and you'll soon find your site moving up the rankings

lightlysalted, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  20. MoneyMoose

MoneyMoose Peon

Best Answers:
    Forum marketing is actually quite a good idea for both link building (the links won't be worth too much, but some forum threads may get high pageranks - I've found a few PR3 - 4 threads on DP and gotten on the front page of those) and traffic. Just include links to your site in a few posts and you'll get some visitors.

MoneyMoose, Jul 8, 2008 IP