1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New to google sitemaps

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by themayor, Dec 29, 2005.

Hi,
    I created my google sitemap yesterday and being a newbe at this Iam finding it a bit confusing, Is there a way of my site map automatically updating or do i have to manually change it and resubmit it to google as i do a lot of updates and add new pages frequently. Also might seem strange but do I put a hyperlink on my site for my google sitemap, to me it seems a bit weird, if i was going to someones site and I had never heard of a sitemap before and clicked the hyper link and saw the coding <priority>0.5</priority>
    <lastmod>2005-12-28T20:43:21+00:00</lastmod>
    <changefreq>daily</changefreq>
    </url> I would think there was an error with the site. "just a thought".
    Thank You.

themayor, Dec 29, 2005 IP
  2. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    You don't need to link to the sitemap, just submit it to google and they will do the rest.

You can generate your sitemap automatically but the best way to do this depends on how your site is set up, is it using a database? how many pages do you have and how often do you add more?

mad4, Dec 29, 2005 IP
  3. themayor

themayor Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I add say 10 pages a week to my site I have about 80 pages at the moment and i dont have a database, so i dont need a link on the homepage and what about updating it do i manually do it then resubmit it or does google spider it when it comes to my site and sees new pages on it

themayor, Dec 29, 2005 IP
  4. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you add 10 pages a week its probably easier to add the new pages manually.

Although I am sure there are tools to do it for you.

mad4, Dec 29, 2005 IP
  5. vulcano

vulcano Active Member

Best Answers:
    vulcano, Dec 29, 2005 IP