1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

*New to Google Adsense - I Need Help*

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by amberstar702, Oct 19, 2004.

Hi All:
    I signed up with Adsense a few days ago, got my code and sent it to my webmaster to enter at the top of my site. He sent it to me for approval and I almost gagged. My personal site is www.spicy-senior-singles.com. They sent me four ads for senior dating websites. I don't want competition right in the face of potential customers.

When I wrote back to them, they said I could block individual urls. I don't know the urls of all possible senior dating sites that they might send me. Logical sites I would expect them to add to my website would be complementary senior sites. :eek:

Any suggestions on how to deal with this issue?

Cordially,

amberstar702, Oct 19, 2004 IP
  2. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have to remember, those ads are served as relevant to the content etc... of your website. You could block the urls, but then you are going to get PSA's. This is the unfortunate side effect of AdSense. If, however, your site it more relevant or better designed than those in AdWords, then you should see those same customers return.

There is no real way around it I don't believe unless you could figure out a way of maybe using php or a frame to make it work. Someone else may be able to help you there.

NewComputer, Oct 19, 2004 IP
  3. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have the same issue on my site. You have to look at it - not as though you are losing a potential customer, but you are getting money from someone who was probably not going to buy from you anyways. If they are that easy to click away to another site; they are not too enthralled with what you have to offer anyways, so the chances of them joining are slim to none anyways. Make money on those that are unconvertable.

I'd advise running it for a few days. If you check your join rate %, see if it goes down after the adsense ads are up. If it goes down a lot, you might want to move them down or off the page, but if it stays steady, then you are good to go.

Personally, I have not seen a loss of conversions from the the adsense ads, just money from those people that didnt' want to buy from me anyways.

lorien1973, Oct 19, 2004 IP
  4. Openg

Openg Peon

Best Answers:
    You make money out of people clicking on ads and going away from your site, its not the ideal solution to be sending them anywhere really, but if you get revenue from it then relevant links surely are the best !!! If your site is good they'll come back (I have clicked on a few links from this forum but am still here)

Openg, Oct 25, 2004 IP
  5. clubmedia

clubmedia Peon

Best Answers:
    gotta be hard to control content others put up that may violate google TOS

clubmedia, Nov 4, 2004 IP