1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New to copywriting please critique

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by EBizAlan, Oct 7, 2006.

Hi everyone, I've been studying direct marketing, copywriting for about 2 months and I finally put up a landing page...can some of you give me a critique....good bad...what can i improve?

e-bizcoachalan.com

Thanks you!

EBizAlan, Oct 7, 2006 IP
  2. BILZ

BILZ Peon

Best Answers:
    The aesthetics of the page turned me off before i even read it. It has that "sales letter" look to it which i hate - makes me think it is some get rich spam site.

Also, the title on the page is too long - make it shorter so people know what the page is talking about without having to read an entire sentence.

The use of bulleted points is almost always a good decision, but again they are too long. Each bullet should have a short title and a brief description beneath.

Hope that helps.

BILZ, Oct 7, 2006 IP
  3. Pat Gael

Pat Gael Banned

Best Answers:

Oops, nothing but the root directory listing.

If you are just updating your site or redoing it I would suggest putting a temporary index page that prevents people from seeing your directory structure.

It could be a simple page with nothing at all or just a message saying that you are working on, but restoring the access in brief.

Pat Gael, Oct 7, 2006 IP
  4. dito199

dito199 Peon

Best Answers:
    EBizAlan, sorry I have to agree with BILZ. You need to change the entire layout into a more user friendly tone. All the hard text, bold text, big font size will drive your customers away on sight. There are plenty of web designers in the forum if you ever need help.

dito199, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  5. Pat Gael

Pat Gael Banned

Best Answers:
    Finally I got your page displayed and agree with dito and bilz.

Your site look like a typical newsletter, but embedded into a very basic layout design.

There are also numerous sites where you can get a free template that better matches your marketing strategy.

Pat Gael, Oct 10, 2006 IP