1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New to CJ, need some help

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by webigail, Jan 3, 2006.

I just signed up for CJ, but I'm having trouble understanding some of the terminology and uses.

Can someone please explain keywords and how they should be used?

Thanks in advance,

~webigail~

webigail, Jan 3, 2006 IP
  2. ahearn

ahearn Peon

Best Answers:
    Where did you see the term "keywords" on the CJ site. Keywords are important when discussing search engine optimization but I don't recall keywords being part of anything on CJ. Please provide more more details.

ahearn, Jan 3, 2006 IP
  3. webigail

webigail Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply ahearn.

I saw the first use of "keywords" when I looked at one of the advertiser's links. There was actually a link called "Keyword links".

It shows: Protected Keywords, recommended keywords and usage recommendation.

I could not find the exact one I was referring to, but what really confused me is there was an instance where the instructions said, "do not try to outbid the keywords used."

I hope this jibberish made sense.

webigail, Jan 3, 2006 IP
  4. wild boar

wild boar Peon

Best Answers:
    Most advertisers use Google adwords and overture. They don't want you to outbid them using their own affiliate program, some advertisers wont' allow you to use their affiliate program on any ppc program. I would guess protected keywords are keywords you can't use in a ppc program. If your not going to use the program to advertise on search engines, but just on your own site, I wouldn't worry about it. I hope this helps.

wild boar, Jan 3, 2006 IP
  5. webigail

webigail Peon

Best Answers:
    Ahh, ok! That made perfect sense.

Thank you :)

webigail, Jan 3, 2006 IP