1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New to Blogging, any help much appreciated

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Andrew10, Sep 14, 2014.

Hi all,

Started my account here a few years ago and have just come back to it as I've picked up an old project again. Im starting to get into blogging again for both SEO and to provide some good content to my users.

I have a couple of questions:

How many links should I put into my blog aiming at other websites?
    I guess the higher the PR rated websites I aim it at the better? Would that be correct?
    Is it good to put internal links in my blog?
    How often should I be posting blogs?

Thanks, I know they are fairly simple questions and I've done a bit of research on Google but thought the knowledge at DP would be more reliable.

Andrew10, Sep 14, 2014 IP
  2. Romy Lakip

Romy Lakip Peon

Best Answers:
    First off I think you should be blogging at least 2 or 3 times a week to keep followers entertained. Here is some advice I just received on how to come up with good content for your blog, this will work for any niche:

The first thing to do is go to https://app.buzzsumo.com and type in a keyword that is relevant to my niche. For me, this could be "spirituality", "Buddhism", "New Age", etc. For you, it might be "marketing", "SEO", "Fly Fishing", or whatever.

In the results, there will be blog posts that have ranked well and been shared a lot. I'll use this information to generate blog post ideas that seem popular and I'll create a list of topics. I usually have around 30 - 60 topics in my list.

Next, I'll begin writing an article for each topic. Each article gets scheduled for posting on my blog, one per day. Once I have about a month of posts scheduled, I can sit back and begin working on my next round of posts without feeling rushed or overwhelmed.

Hope this helps!

Romy Lakip, Sep 23, 2014 IP
  3. manishak2001

manishak2001 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Answering your qs one by one:
    1. I don't think you should add more than 3 external links. 3 external links have worked best for me. I have seen web masters adding over 10 links to their content. Its like everywhere! Personally, I dislike that. I like to make it neat.
    2. Umm... The content you are linking to should be relevant and from trustworthy source. I don't think PRs are given so much of an importance these days.
    3. Of course. You must add internal links. I have found this great WP Plugin that allows you to show related posts at the bottom of the post. This also encourages internal linking.
    4. There is no limit to posting. You can post 5 posts everyday or one per week. It depends on your capacity! However, you need to schedule your posts in a way that you don't run out of ideas and stop posting.

manishak2001, Sep 28, 2014 IP
  4. Andrew10

Andrew10 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Both excellent replies, many thanks guys! Always good to hear other peoples habits and views on blogging as there doesn't seem to be a set "rule".

Does it matter if the blog I use doesn't allow specific SEO tags and meta tags?

Andrew10, Sep 29, 2014 IP
  5. amsang

amsang Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    1. No matter how many links you put, be careful that they are divided into dofollow and nofollow. It is very imp for the search engines to disregard certain links. That can be done only if it is specially marked as nofollow.
    2. Yes, that is correct.
    3. Yes, It is good and OK too. Infact it should be done often.
    4. Be very regular with the blogs and post good healthy content. Beware of the new algorithms by google. :)

amsang, Sep 29, 2014 IP
  6. www_HypeFree_com

www_HypeFree_com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here's some advice

1. find a few of the top blog competitors in your niche
    2. get their RSS feed then follow every day see what they are doing them implement what you can
    3. put them (their domain) on google and talkwalker alerts and watch where they are promoting, engaging, talking etc.. try to mimic where possible
    4. try to get some guest bloggers for content or be a guest blogger yourself.
    5 interview top experts your niche then transcribe interview post mp3 and youtube of the interview

There are more but this should get you started.

www_HypeFree_com, Sep 29, 2014 IP
  7. Andrew10

Andrew10 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi guys, many thanks! So far so good. Essentially wiped myself off google yesterday so a slight set back but working my way back. How do you check for no follows and do follows?

Andrew10, Sep 30, 2014 IP
  8. Saqib Rauf

Saqib Rauf Member

Best Answers:
    1. You should link most valuable resources regardless of numbers.
    2. Linked site PR is not going to benefit you. You could not get any Link Juice from pages which you linked from your site.
    3. Internal links are great to engage your readers and get them browse your site.
    4. Its up to you but you should maintain your routine. Your readers should know yours post day.

Saqib Rauf, Oct 1, 2014 IP
  9. amsang

amsang Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Andrew, your question inspired me to write an article, esp that how part. I have covered the details. Do visit the url below for details

http://soonev.com/take-control-links/

amsang, Oct 3, 2014 IP
  10. usemyteam

usemyteam Member

Best Answers:

1. Only valuable links with good content regardless of the number.
    2. Yes before it was like that but now it isnt applicable.
    3. Yes at least one link in your post to link to another part of your website.
    4. It should be regular whether daily, 3x a week or every other day. Just make sure you know when to post.

usemyteam, Oct 7, 2014 IP
  11. Orvi

Orvi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Andrew,

Would you be interested in guest blogging in our site: http://www.webentrepreneur.ws? I can also do the same for you if you want.

As for your questions:
    How many links should I put into my blog aiming at other websites? 3
    I guess the higher the PR rated websites I aim it at the better? Would that be correct? Not applicable anymore.
    Is it good to put internal links in my blog? Yes!
    How often should I be posting blogs? Once a day

Orvi, Oct 13, 2014 IP
  12. Anurag Golipkar

Anurag Golipkar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can put max 3 externals links per post but it should be relevant and nofollow link. It doesn't matter if you are linking higher PR sites. Internal links is the best option to engage users on your website. You should post at least 3 posts per week.

Anurag Golipkar, Oct 13, 2014 IP
  13. Stop Byte

Stop Byte Member

Best Answers:
    How many links should I put into my blog aiming at other websites? several useful links, or if they are reciprocal links as many as you like.
    I guess the higher the PR rated websites I aim it at the better? correct, although many claim that page rank is dead.
    Is it good to put internal links in my blog? definitely
    How often should I be posting blogs? the more the better, or at least 2 a week.

hope this help
    Ed

Stop Byte, Oct 13, 2014 IP
  14. Boost_Software

Boost_Software Member

Best Answers:
    I'll link to this article. It has the easiest explanation that I could find without re-writing it all myself. :) I'd definitely suggest installing either the Greasemonkey or nofollow extension so that you can tell if a link is nofollow just by the color difference. I hope that you find this helpful & that you have success with your blog.

Boost_Software, Oct 14, 2014 IP