1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New to Amazon, what should I know?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by scott_r, May 31, 2017.

I have a web page that gets a fair amount of traffic and I'm thinking about turning my already existing Amazon links into affiliate links. Lots of books, movies, and other stuff I'm fond of or mention in writings. All traffic sources are organic.

Not really counting on making a lot, just seems like a neat hobby to pursue. I started to read through the giant contract on their affiliate page but then my brain starting oozing out of my ears. Aside from not doing anything illegal, any advice a newbie should follow to avoid trouble?

scott_r, May 31, 2017 IP
  2. LearnBlogProfit

LearnBlogProfit Peon

Best Answers:
    While their terms of service is quite long, you hit the nail on the head in that the main thing to remember is not doing anything illegal. Aside from that, if your idea seems to good to be true (buying things through your own link) it likely is and they will shut it down quickly.

With how ubiquitous it is nowadays it should be a no brainer to turn your links that already point to the site into affiliate links. Also, since you already have your content and products you are recommending, it won't be hard as you aren't creating a niche from scratch.

Remember to test your links and make sure they go through. Also, legally you should be declaring any affiliate links on your own site. There are a number of online resources you can view for more info on how to do this.

If you have any other questions about Amazon, feel free to PM me as I have a lot of experience with the company.

LearnBlogProfit, Jun 9, 2017 IP
  3. georgeaabbey

georgeaabbey Member

Best Answers:
    I too joined recently in Amazon, your valuable points can change the traffic.

georgeaabbey, Jun 22, 2017 IP