1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New store for custom products. Feedbacks are very much needed :)

Discussion in 'Websites' started by eches, Dec 24, 2011.

Hey guys,

CreativGoods is an online store I develop recently for custom products such as mug, iphone cases, t-shirt etc. There are several questions that come across my mind.

1. If you are a potential buyer, say for example you are looking for a custom iPhone case and stumble upon my site. What is the likelihood you are buying things off my site?
    2. If you are turned off to buy from my site, what is the main reason you are not buying from my site?
    3. Is the whole site looks too crowded?
    4. Do you find the navigation is easy for you to navigate the whole site?
    5. What my site lacks of that can be improved in order to increase the desirability of potential buyer to buy from my site?
    6. Do you feel safe to buy from my site? (I only use Paypal as payment method)

Please criticize my new site and tell me what else that can be added to make sure better conversion. Thanks guys for your time, I really appreciate it!

Note: 1. Most of blog content and products are dummy except the shipping, FAQs, returns policy and contact pages.
    2. Links inside drop down are not yet filled in.

eches, Dec 24, 2011 IP
  2. technoboy

technoboy Peon

Best Answers:
    What platform is this?....if i'm being brutally honest, I don't like it, it looks too much like gazillions of other ecom site at the lower end, I prefer ecom sites on some of the older platforms, like prestashop, Oscommerce etc, albeit they have fallen out of favour a bit of the last few yrs, would i buy on it..yes, suppose I would, though only cause of paypal, though would be happier consumer with a dedicated on-site checkout, ssl, https etc etc...good luck tho ;-)

technoboy, Dec 27, 2011 IP
  3. slad3x

slad3x Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Is that shop giving any profit?
    Style is amazing :)

slad3x, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  4. pepperos

pepperos Peon

Best Answers:
    Really nice. I hope you earn something from it too.

pepperos, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  5. wbr

wbr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    at this stage .... lack of displaying of stock. Can you please add some stock that I can navigate within the button features. Idea is great but you need hell of stock to display.

Good work I like it...

wbr, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  6. wbr

wbr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    please PM me your email address. I am trader I may need to order some of the stock. But please please list some stock on your website. thxs

wbr, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  7. mambos

mambos Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks great, but list more products in latest products on index since there some empty space to use there.

mambos, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  8. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Site looks fine actually and is a lot sounder than folks are telling you. Given how small it is WP is actually a pretty good idea. I would rethink a few things URL wise perhaps but short of that its fine. I typically tell folks on a budget they don't need authorize.net out of the gate.

All in all I would say its pretty good.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  9. eches

eches Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey guys..thanks for all the criticisms, ideas and comments.

Yes I have ssl, https and on-site checkout in mind but will not be able to introduce such things at this particular stage. As time progresses, I will add more payment options, that's for sure.

There are few things I need to iron out before I can add more products. I will definitely add more product soon.

Hi Nigel, can you enlighten me about that? Are you referring to the domain name itself or perhaps the permalink structure? Thanks for your comment, I really appreciate it :)

eches, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  10. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi. While, as a general rule, your logic is sound with the permalinks, I suspect the likelihood of someone looking for "sherlock-holmes-robert-downey-jr-iphone-44s-hard-case" is pretty much zero though. Having thought it over for a sec, you're urls wont really effect much. Having keywords in URLS effecting serps is a myth anyway.

Having said that, it is still largely on target given what is on the page. I was likely being a tad picky there but, as an e-commerce guy, I would approach the entire function of that site a bit differently. If you build that from the ground up with the required functionality(like folks uploading their own graphics for instance) then you will have nothing to worry about. What I largely mean is there is nothing inherently custom about ordering something with R.D.jr. on it. That movie was pretty damn good though lol...

hope that helps, sorta doing 5 things at once so I hope that was not too vague. I will check back shortly and a be a bit more specific.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  11. eches

eches Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree stuffing keywords on permalinks doesn't carry much weight in term of SEO. I initially created long title vs short title to see how they affect the product listing layout and now I optimizing the permalink so that it looks neater. Speaking of SEO, I'm a bit worried about certain part of information that appears the same across the domain. For example,

http://creativgoods.com/world-of-warcraft-wow-cataclysm-small-mousepad

creativGoodsduplicate.jpg

The highlighted part from the screenshot is the essential information that will appear in every product page under "mousepad" category. As for now, I'm inserting a paragraph or two at the top of the description describing the designs so all pages under "mousepad" category will not appear as a complete duplicate. I'm not sure though whether it suffices to address the duplicate issue. Another thing that comes across my mind is to get the duplicate information onto a picture but not entirely sure whether it is a good idea or otherwise.

What approach you usually take to sort out this issue?

Agreed, there is nothing truly "custom" in this site because say for example people want to have a picture of theirs onto a mousepad, they need to contact us and communicate through email in order to get their picture processed. It's not really convenient indeed. Giving the fact that I'm new to e-commerce scene and I'm no a programmer (uploading feature will definitely require extensive coding and of course will cost me hefty sum of money), I rather start small with a basic e-commerce script with existing features and eventually incorporating more advance feature such as uploading picture.

Thank you for time and for your insightful thoughts :)

eches, Dec 29, 2011 IP
  12. jhonpaul

jhonpaul Peon

Best Answers:
    hello,
    we are the (South-Pak Inc.) solution source for custom cases made with the latest in high-tech design and manufacturing.

jhonpaul, Dec 31, 2011 IP
  13. webcash123

webcash123 Peon

Best Answers:
    I really like it. attractive design and interface. It is fast loaded and it keeps your website clean and nice

webcash123, Jan 1, 2012 IP