1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New SPAM sites...billions of results!!!!

Discussion in 'Google' started by Nintendo, Jun 17, 2006.

1. magic pants

magic pants Peon

Best Answers:
    www.languagetrainers with the extensions co.uk or com
    All the pages offering the French courses in the different cities have the same content and the same for the Italian, German, Spanish, English, etc...
    I think it may result in spam as to offer the same course in so many diferent places you dont need to make a duplicate page for each (being in a 99.90%

the same text with no additional or localized information, what makes duplicates).

So you should chek on your own (dont forget to take away the brackets in the domain names as below as I cant post live links) and after the French courses, try with the Italian, German, Spanish, English...

languagetrainers.(co.uk)/french_courses_birmingham.php
    languagetrainers.(co.uk)/french-courses-bradford.php
    languagetrainers.(co.uk)/french_courses_brighton.php
    languagetrainers.(co.uk)/french_courses_bristol.php
    languagetrainers.(co.uk)/french-courses-cambridge.php
    languagetrainers.(co.uk)/french-courses-cardiff.php
    languagetrainers.(co.uk)/french-courses-cork.php
    languagetrainers.(co.uk)/french-courses-crawley.php
    languagetrainers.(co.uk)/french-courses-croydon.php
    languagetrainers.(co.uk)/french_courses_dublin.php
    languagetrainers.(co.uk)/french_courses_edinburgh.php
    languagetrainers.(co.uk)/french-courses-exeter.php
    languagetrainers.(co.uk)/french_courses_leeds.php
    languagetrainers.(co.uk)/french-courses-leicester.php
    languagetrainers.(co.uk)/french_courses_liverpool.php
    languagetrainers.(co.uk)/french_courses_luton.php
    languagetrainers.(co.uk)/french_courses_manchester.php
    languagetrainers.(co.uk)/french_courses_milton_keynes.php
    languagetrainers.(co.uk)/french-courses-newcastle.php
    languagetrainers.(co.uk)/french-courses-nottingham.php
    languagetrainers.(co.uk)/french-courses-oxford.php
    languagetrainers.(co.uk)/french-courses-peterborough.php
    languagetrainers.(co.uk)/french-courses-reading.php
    languagetrainers.(co.uk)/french-courses-sheffield.php
    languagetrainers.(co.uk)/french-courses-southampton.php
    languagetrainers.(co.uk)/french-courses-wolverhampton.php
    languagetrainers.(co.uk)/french_language_teachers.php

Any opinion???

magic pants, Sep 16, 2006 IP
  2. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    magic pants that is one flipping ugly website!

By the looks of it language trainers is a legit company but probably have no clue on how bad their site actually is. I would have an idea they are paying someone for this site.

#1 on Google for language trainers, are we to take an example from this and do the same?

Here is another thats starting to pop-up for some of my keyterms and one of my urls - site:ijxthd.org - 697 pages which isnt too bad but go into a page and look at the crap!

cormac, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  3. MikeSwede

MikeSwede Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a huge comment spammer. Don't know why people have user comments, guest books and other automatic things like that anymore. It is so easy to spam and I have removed everything that anybody can post to without me approving it first!
    Not sure why Google can't find things like that...... Maybe if they hired a real person that actually revied some results one day...... OR they could just read the posts here and manually remove all spam sites....

MikeSwede, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  4. SiCK

SiCK Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not the guest books etc, most spam sites are using XSS vulnerabilities, injecting code into sites with high pr so they can get reputable backlinks. The net is ramped with it. I first noticed it when the PR on one of my sites went from 4 to 2, although it was PR4 for three years. I checked the backlinks in google... there it was, a XSS link to a banned site. I modded robots.txt to get rid of the link, PR4 came back in a few weeks.

SiCK, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  5. Cage Rattler

Cage Rattler Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    that ijxthd.org site seems to be done in.

Cage Rattler, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  6. tyggemannen

tyggemannen Guest

Best Answers:
    They run sites like this:

sfte.info
    datedns.info
    weddingdns.info

I will throw some singles also:
    668.qzdf.info
    1533.qaqfjel.info

tyggemannen, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  7. SiCK

SiCK Peon

Best Answers:
    Very interesting. Is this for bragging rights? I wanna try. Where to I sign up?

So, anyway want to report the ones with adsense on them?

SiCK, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  8. tyggemannen

tyggemannen Guest

Best Answers:
    Dont know what you mean by bragging rights, but I wanted to show them in the open and this is only a tiny part of the network. The ones with adsense are reported of course, but Google refuse to ban that adsense account, UNBELIVEABLE, its breaking the TOS in many ways, but they are meaking G money also. I get frustrated when Google are not banning the account of these kind of spammers.

9. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    Look at what both of those direct domains redirect to - qzdf.info & qaqfjel.info > find.fm - the search engine you can trust :rolleyes:

Same guy from poland.

cormac, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  10. tyggemannen

tyggemannen Guest

Best Answers:
    find.fm is just shit and nothing but shit. And has been for a looooooong time.

11. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    To be honest its the first I ever seen of it but I agree its shit!

cormac, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  12. KLB

KLB Peon

Best Answers:
    I regularly find sub-domain spammer sites pointing to some "Find" faux search engine. It just a bunch of garbage that Google would do well to ban.

Oh speaking of faux search engines, spam sites and CPC advertising that drives them Business Week has an interesting article on the subject: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/06_40/b4003001.htm?campaign_id=ds5

The article is heavily slanted and not very objective, but interesting none the less.

KLB, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  13. SiCK

SiCK Peon

Best Answers:
    If you look at the end landing pages like this:

http://www.bx8czbv.info/

What can google say. Looks like a simple one page about mp3's. It's not spamming anything. How you landed there is a different story.

SiCK, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  14. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    That is a very interesting article. Funny how Google & Yahoo try to brush down that there is an issue but I suppose they need to protect their stock pricing.

If they cant control the spam in their index how are they supposed to control PPC?

cormac, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  15. tyggemannen

tyggemannen Guest

Best Answers:
    Google should ban the adsense account, landing on that page is the result of cloaking and redirecting.

16. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    Gotta laugh at the print at the bottom

Are they trying to remind us that we need sites about MP3 and really whats the only clickable links on that page???

cormac, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  17. KLB

KLB Peon

Best Answers:
    This is really the crux of the problem. They rely too much on automated detection and aren't willing to go after big sources of problems like parked domains. I complained about this as an AdWords advertiser. I hated having my ads show up on parked domains.

Yes Google and Yahoo would be turning their backs on a substantial amount of income, but if they stopped supplying ads to domain parkers they would really help cut down on a whole boatload of domain hoarders, eliminate one source of click fraud and eliminate a source of low quality leads. At the very least BOTH Google and Yahoo need to allow their advertisers to opt out of having their ads displayed on parked domains without having to pull out of other content sites.

Personally I much prefered to have my ads show up on legitimate content sites than I did on Google's own search results because usually my ads were competing against my natural listings, which didn't do me any good.

To me allowing PPC ads to be placed on parked domains is an open invitation for fraud.

KLB, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  18. tyggemannen

tyggemannen Guest

Best Answers:
    I am still wondering why Google is fooled by sites like this: 95.hjp8qo.info
    I mean when their algo dont kick out this one there is no hope for the future.

tyggemannen, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  19. MikeSwede

MikeSwede Peon

Best Answers:
    Double morale or what? Check this: http://www.google.com/domainpark/

MikeSwede, Oct 7, 2006 IP
  20. KLB

KLB Peon

Best Answers:
    This just proves that they have been seduced by the dark side.

It should be noted that parked domains are part of the search network not the content network, so if one does not want their ads to show up parked domains they need to opt out of the search network.

If AdWords advertisers want Google to give them the ability to opt out of parked domains then they need to start forcing Google's hand by boycotting the AdWords search network and only advertise via the content network or advertise with someone else (e.g. Yahoo).

What Google needs to do is create a third AdWords "network" option exclusively for parked domains. This way advertisers could opt out of parked domains without having to opt out of the search network or the content network.

Packaging parked domains with the search network is essentially blackmailing advertisers by forcing them to advertise on parked domains if they want access to real search results. If Google switched parked domains to the content network, this would probably cause advertisers to abandon the content network in droves.

KLB, Oct 7, 2006 IP